ls185b foot controls lock up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

d2haehl

2007 ls185b. I was blowing snow the other day and the unit just stopped. would not restart until I flipped the srevice toggle switch, then runs fine But the controls are locked out.Checked fuses and found 5 amp fuse for the EIC blown, replace and the fuse popped again, put a 10 amp in and it now is kind of working, forward and back work fine, up/down boom and bucket work for about 3 minutes, then the foot controls lock up. unbuckle my seat belt an rebuckle, reset the button, and the bucket foot controls work but only briefly. I repeat this over and over. any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike10

One of the solenoids that lock the foot pedals is probably bad. Remove the kick panel between your feet, raise the seat and remove the eight bolts that hold it in place. Once removed look down at the hydraulic control valve. You will see wires going to all three spools of the control valve. The center spool and the spool next to your right leg, when sitting in the seat, are the two that lock the pedals. Unplug only one of these and see if the symptoms disapear. If not, plug that one back in and unplug the other.

Bluline

One of the solenoids that lock the foot pedals is probably bad. Remove the kick panel between your feet, raise the seat and remove the eight bolts that hold it in place. Once removed look down at the hydraulic control valve. You will see wires going to all three spools of the control valve. The center spool and the spool next to your right leg, when sitting in the seat, are the two that lock the pedals. Unplug only one of these and see if the symptoms disapear. If not, plug that one back in and unplug the other.
It's not constant but intermittent and one pedal works

Bugeater

I started having same issue with my foot pedals locking up.

My qu question is, how do you get the solenoid off the rod? I took off the two machine screws that it was held on with, but how does the solenoid slide off the rod?