Looking for suggestions for wear strip on L325 cab

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JMV

Looking for suggestions for what to use as a wear strip on a 70's L325 cab. This is the strip that runs up and down on the front sides so that the arms do not touch the cab. Part #716674. They are $145.00 (I don't know if this is a piece or for the pair) from pricing I found on the web and searching the web has turned up nothing as a non-OEM replacement.

I am not sure what they are made of. The one's on there are probably original and are very hard and broken. Looking at the beveled ends, it seems like they maybe be made of a layered material. They measure 36" Long x 1 1/2" Wide x 1/4" Thick.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
J

JMV

Ivan,

I was thinking about that, but I did not know if it would work. I think that I may have some 1/2" thick belting laying around from another project. If it can find it, I think I will give it a try.

BijouHills54

Looking for suggestions for what to use as a wear strip on a 70's L325 cab. This is the strip that runs up and down on the front sides so that the arms do not touch the cab. Part #716674. They are $145.00 (I don't know if this is a piece or for the pair) from pricing I found on the web and searching the web has turned up nothing as a non-OEM replacement.

I am not sure what they are made of. The one's on there are probably original and are very hard and broken. Looking at the beveled ends, it seems like they maybe be made of a layered material. They measure 36" Long x 1 1/2" Wide x 1/4" Thick.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find any, the old ones were held in by 3 or 4 countersunk torx screws, new ones are riveted in with big pop rivets, I might have a used one available.

OP
OP
J

JMV

BijouHills54,

Thanks for the response. I should have updated this thread sooner but it slipped my mind.

My father had a piece of hemlock wood and made two strips that he attached using the same screws. We are going to see how long these last. The next thing we may try is a piece of HDPE plastic. I found the plastic after my dad had the wooden strips done.

These are held in with the countersunk torx screws.

Thanks again.