Looking for help with vacuum advance location from intake to distributor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tommbuff

Hey guys new to the site. I recently bought a bobcat 742 (Ford gas) from a friend that wasn't running replaced all ignition parts and found it was a faulty condenser. Took me a minute to get the points set correctly but now it seems to be running well my question is it has a hose location on the distributor but no hose.. Ive looked for a port on the intake but can't find one.. any idea on where it may be hiding???

foton

I do know this some distrubitors do not use a vaccum advance ,all the advancing is done with rotating weights inside the distrubitor. So you need to determine what style you have and go from there.

brdgbldr

Hey guys new to the site. I recently bought a bobcat 742 (Ford gas) from a friend that wasn't running replaced all ignition parts and found it was a faulty condenser. Took me a minute to get the points set correctly but now it seems to be running well my question is it has a hose location on the distributor but no hose.. Ive looked for a port on the intake but can't find one.. any idea on where it may be hiding???
I wish I had photos of my old 742 with the Ford gas engine (it had been converted to propane) but I'm just not one for taking a lot of photos.

I do remember that it had a vacuum advance but I can't remember exactly where the hose attached to. The parts catalog shows the distributor, vacuum hose and an elbow at the end of the hose, but does not show where the elbow fit on the intake.

I'll keep digging but it'll be a long shot that I find anything.

brdgbldr

The vacuum hose may have been plugged into a port on the carburetor.

I have attached a photo from this website:

It may help, though this is a propane conversion.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpeg
    IMG_0421.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tommbuff

Thanks for your help I'll try to finish my hand around the carb. Hard to see in there.. I'll try with a telescopic mirror as well

brdgbldr

Thanks for your help I'll try to finish my hand around the carb. Hard to see in there.. I'll try with a telescopic mirror as well
I wish I could remember. Too many engines in my head after a lifetime of tinkering.

A lot of vacuum hoses attach to the baseplate of the carb. The parts manual does show an elbow at the end of the vacuum line.

I'lol attach a photo of the parts manual.

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts