Landscape Plane?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Butters

Could you share your experieces with a landscape plane? I have about an acre of my yard that needs to be smoothed out and seeded. Are they worth the rental price, or should I just keep going at it with the dirt bucket?

hvyduty

I would use the soil conditioner
I agree the soil conditioner works great,its tougth,separates rocks and leaves a smooth soft level surface. perfect for turf or seeds it will even grind down larg rocks like a plainer once you use one you will be hooked and find you use it for everything I have used one for cleaning up housing blocks so turf can be laid as well as going creating roads on a farm.What a top peice of gear AAA+++

OP
OP
B

Butters

I agree the soil conditioner works great,its tougth,separates rocks and leaves a smooth soft level surface. perfect for turf or seeds it will even grind down larg rocks like a plainer once you use one you will be hooked and find you use it for everything I have used one for cleaning up housing blocks so turf can be laid as well as going creating roads on a farm.What a top peice of gear AAA+++
Thanks for the input! I do have a lot of rocks to deal with. I wonder if my 751-C has enough flow to run one?

hvyduty

Thanks for the input! I do have a lot of rocks to deal with. I wonder if my 751-C has enough flow to run one?
A 72" soil conditioner requires a minimum of 49lpm and a 751 is rated at 49.2lpm looks fine on paper ??? The smallest machine i used one on is a S130 which has a higher lpm.It might be an idea to rent one or demo from dealer just to be sure.It wauld be terrable to tell the wife you need a new machine to match your new attachment.

skidsteer.ca

A 72" soil conditioner requires a minimum of 49lpm and a 751 is rated at 49.2lpm looks fine on paper ??? The smallest machine i used one on is a S130 which has a higher lpm.It might be an idea to rent one or demo from dealer just to be sure.It wauld be terrable to tell the wife you need a new machine to match your new attachment.
I'm sure it would work, just production would be down. Of course you could tell your wife how you would be home so much sooner if you had a new loader ;)
Ken

Latest posts