L785 New Holland and Dirt Works Mini Back Hoe

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ruko

I'm considering this mini back hoe from "Dirt Works". My L785 has two hydraulic auxiliary outlets. Dirt Works says just hook up the two hoses from the back hoe to these outlets and start digging. My question is what controls these two aux. outlets? I can't find any controls for the outlets. Thx

AaronS88

The handle on the right hand steering lever should have a pivot point to control the aux. flow. There should be a pin through the handle and the lever keeping it solid when not in use. Another thing to look at before attempting to run an attachment is the position of the spool on the aux. control valve. There should be a sticker somewhere near where your right leg sitting in the machine telling the position for motor or cylinder use. I don't remember the proper positions off hand and don't have a machine in the shop to reference. Make sure that it comes with the proper brackets and the proper mounting plate style. The L785's had a wedge setup that slid into a set of ears on each side of the attachment, but there was an update kit at one point that adapted it to use the new style attachments.

OP
OP
R

ruko

The handle on the right hand steering lever should have a pivot point to control the aux. flow. There should be a pin through the handle and the lever keeping it solid when not in use. Another thing to look at before attempting to run an attachment is the position of the spool on the aux. control valve. There should be a sticker somewhere near where your right leg sitting in the machine telling the position for motor or cylinder use. I don't remember the proper positions off hand and don't have a machine in the shop to reference. Make sure that it comes with the proper brackets and the proper mounting plate style. The L785's had a wedge setup that slid into a set of ears on each side of the attachment, but there was an update kit at one point that adapted it to use the new style attachments.
Thanks. I found the control after having looked at it for the 6 years I've had the SS! It appears to be functioning too because when I slightly move the lever, after freeing it up, there is a loading noise from the pump. I found the sticker too.

OP
OP
R

ruko

Aaron Do you know who I could contact about the update? The mini back hoe will require a new style of attachment I'm told. "The L785's had a wedge setup that slid into a set of ears on each side of the attachment, but there was an update kit at one point that adapted it to use the new style attachments." Thx

AaronS88

Aaron Do you know who I could contact about the update? The mini back hoe will require a new style of attachment I'm told. "The L785's had a wedge setup that slid into a set of ears on each side of the attachment, but there was an update kit at one point that adapted it to use the new style attachments." Thx
A New Holland dealer should be able to get the mount plate in for you. I believe they are pricey though, I wanna say somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500.00 for the complete kit. The only extra thing you may need are the pivot pins. Someone may even be making an aftermarket one now. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.