L555 Safety Module Issue????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dirty Dog

I am working on an L555 that I think the safety module is bad. Here is what I have done so far. Testing Sequence: 1. Sit in the seat. • Console seat belt warning light should be on, (light cluster on front pillar). • Control module SEAT and TIMER diagnostic lights should be ON. If the TIMER diagnostic light fails to come on, there is no power to the control module from the 6-amp circuit breaker, the seat switch is not operating, or the seat belt switch is stuck in the closed position. 2. Raise off the seat. The following must happen: • SEAT light turns OFF. • After two to five seconds, the TIMER light turns OFF. If the TIMER light does not go off after five seconds, replace the control module. 3. Sit back down and turn the ignition key switch to the ON position. • Nothing should happen. 4. Turn the ignition key to the START position and try starting engine. • Engine should not crank or start. • Boom hydraulic circuit should not operate 5. Buckle the seat belt. • Console seat belt warning ligh should go OFF. Control module SEAT, BELT, and TIMER diagnostic lights should be ON. 6. Turn the ignition key switch to the ON position. • Control module SOL, SEAT, BELT, and TIMER diagnostic lights should be ON. I am good through Step 5 but when I turn the switch on the timer light goes out, no solenoid light and it doesn't do anything when I go to the start position. Only diagnostic lights on once I turn the switch to the on position is the seat and belt lights. I checked voltage to the module and made sure I have a good ground. Is it the safety module? What else should I check? Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
D

Dirty Dog

Found the problem. Battery was low, about 12.0 volts. Apparently the electronics like a fully charged battery at 13.6 volts. Once battery was fully charged the 6 amp breaker started to kick out when key was turned on. Found the boom lift solenoid was shorted. Replaced the coil on the solenoid and life is good again.

Tazza

Staff member
Found the problem. Battery was low, about 12.0 volts. Apparently the electronics like a fully charged battery at 13.6 volts. Once battery was fully charged the 6 amp breaker started to kick out when key was turned on. Found the boom lift solenoid was shorted. Replaced the coil on the solenoid and life is good again.
Glad you got it worked out, thanks for sharing how you got it all sorted out too.