L555 Drain Plug Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

crp

I purchased a mid 80's L555 several weeks ago and want to change the hyd. fluid. Found where drain plug is located by looking in service manual. Searched manual but find no mention of tool to use to remove plug. Could someone please tell me what tool i need and what size the drain plug is? Thanks in advance for info.

Earthwerks Unlimited

If memory serves going back 10 years, it's a hex socket. I couldn't find the right size hex socket so I found that a head of a big bolt (size?) fit perfectly. So I installed a nut onto the right-size bolt, tack-welded them together and then used a wrench on the assembly to remove the drain plug. Your plug will likely be chocked full of dirt that will need to be cleaned out with a screwdriver.

92LX555

If memory serves going back 10 years, it's a hex socket. I couldn't find the right size hex socket so I found that a head of a big bolt (size?) fit perfectly. So I installed a nut onto the right-size bolt, tack-welded them together and then used a wrench on the assembly to remove the drain plug. Your plug will likely be chocked full of dirt that will need to be cleaned out with a screwdriver.
It is located on the left side of the machine near the front tire. You will have to remove the tire to get to the plug. It is a hex...just use a 1/2" drive. If you plan on draining the system it will take a couple of flushes.