L555 boom lower speed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cole0324

Just got it home and the boom slams down (hard) when pedal is pushed all the way. Is the an adjustment for this anywhere. Also appears that there are pads missing from brackets where the arms rest. Are there supposed to be pads there? I know the obvious answer, don't push the pedal down all the way. But it seems to have a stiff spot in it which gives it two speeds, slow and super mega ultra fast. Thanks Guys.

irwin

You might be pushing the pedal into detent. It's pushes the spool to an open mode allowing the boom to float (it's called float or detent mode) If that's what's happening it's normal. the stiff spot is the end of normal spool travel, past that is detent.
Not sure what pads you're talking about.

OP
OP
C

cole0324

You might be pushing the pedal into detent. It's pushes the spool to an open mode allowing the boom to float (it's called float or detent mode) If that's what's happening it's normal. the stiff spot is the end of normal spool travel, past that is detent.
Not sure what pads you're talking about.
I'm sorry. I souldn't have said all the way down. Basicly it has two speeds. Very slow and very fast. I need to get some manualls for it. Dads Kubota tractor has a knob under the seats that controls the down/return speed of the hydraulics. I was wondering if this machine has something similar.

skidsteer.ca

I'm sorry. I souldn't have said all the way down. Basicly it has two speeds. Very slow and very fast. I need to get some manualls for it. Dads Kubota tractor has a knob under the seats that controls the down/return speed of the hydraulics. I was wondering if this machine has something similar.
Doubt there will be a knob to adjust the speed. Its not a result of a worn or sticky linkage to the valve that is not moving the valve spool smoothly?
I make a habit of greasing my foot pedal pivot points and the linkage to the valve with something like fluid film or your favourite aerosol lube.
Ken

Chummins

There should be a rubber pad bolted to the bottom of each side of the boom where it comes down on your stops. Mine just looks like 3/8 thick rubber belting.

OP
OP
C

cole0324

There should be a rubber pad bolted to the bottom of each side of the boom where it comes down on your stops. Mine just looks like 3/8 thick rubber belting.
Chummins, thats what i have. The two holes in each rest made me think that something is missing. Thanks

Latest posts