L425 Transmission Pumps

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Yelog60

How hard it is to remove both pumps? Do you have to pull the motor and go out the back with them? Or drop down the gas tank and pull them out one at a time from the front? Thanks

irwin

I'm not sure on the L425, but on my L555 I removed the seat and disconnected all the hydraulics, etc. then I pulled it out of the front. Did not even need to support the engine, my engine mounts were enough to hold the engine solid and level.
It looks like #7 bolts to #8 and the assembly (3-7) pulls out.
http://www.messicks.com/nhparts/10008.aspx

nhimage.aspx

92LX555

I'm not sure on the L425, but on my L555 I removed the seat and disconnected all the hydraulics, etc. then I pulled it out of the front. Did not even need to support the engine, my engine mounts were enough to hold the engine solid and level.
It looks like #7 bolts to #8 and the assembly (3-7) pulls out.
http://www.messicks.com/nhparts/10008.aspx
Schematics look very similar to the 555. I have had to pull pumps way to many times. Not that hard really. Your biggest issue is all of the levers that end up getting in your way to disconnect the hyd. lines. Once you get them out of the way, there are 2 bolts that hold the front and two bolts that hold the read. Two fronts are 9/16" and the rears are 3/4''. Fronts are easy and they hold the assembly to the corss beam just in front of the seat. The rears are hard to reach. use wrench (ratchet won't get in there). Assembly is heavy but you can slide it forward and out.

OP
OP
Y

Yelog60

Schematics look very similar to the 555. I have had to pull pumps way to many times. Not that hard really. Your biggest issue is all of the levers that end up getting in your way to disconnect the hyd. lines. Once you get them out of the way, there are 2 bolts that hold the front and two bolts that hold the read. Two fronts are 9/16" and the rears are 3/4''. Fronts are easy and they hold the assembly to the corss beam just in front of the seat. The rears are hard to reach. use wrench (ratchet won't get in there). Assembly is heavy but you can slide it forward and out.
I got them out, they did come out the front, had to remove a few of the fittings.. These pumps are remans it looks like.. They are brown in color.. Took one apart and they look brand new.. My guess is the seals just dried out some.. I am going to order seal kits for them, anything else I should be looking for? Thanks

92LX555

I got them out, they did come out the front, had to remove a few of the fittings.. These pumps are remans it looks like.. They are brown in color.. Took one apart and they look brand new.. My guess is the seals just dried out some.. I am going to order seal kits for them, anything else I should be looking for? Thanks
if you want to be safe, send them to Levi at the Loader source..www.loaderpartssource.com He will look at them and tell you what needs done to them. Don't quote me but I think he will do this for free. Knock on wood but I have not had to replace the pumps yet. I have had both drive motors rebuilt and Levi did both of them. Probably can order those seal from him and be less than New Holland. CAUTION: All of the fittings you removed have to be put back in. When doing so be so extra careful not to cross thread any of them. Take your time.

OP
OP
Y

Yelog60

if you want to be safe, send them to Levi at the Loader source..www.loaderpartssource.com He will look at them and tell you what needs done to them. Don't quote me but I think he will do this for free. Knock on wood but I have not had to replace the pumps yet. I have had both drive motors rebuilt and Levi did both of them. Probably can order those seal from him and be less than New Holland. CAUTION: All of the fittings you removed have to be put back in. When doing so be so extra careful not to cross thread any of them. Take your time.
They look pretty simple from what I can see. And they have no wear at all.. I am going to re gasket both and reinstall. They worked just fine, but this machine had been sitting for about 10 years.. My guess is some of the seals had dried up. He did say they were replaced and had about 5 hours on them. They arent yellow (brown), so they must be either new or remans, New Holland did all the work.