L325 repowered, now won’t drive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wall-E

I have a New Holland L325 skid loader that came with a predator 670 motor installed when I purchased it. Worked great with some maintenance for two years then motor threw a rod. When it died I was idling down and was about to park it then it just shut off… I winched it into a trailer with the wheels not spinning (sucked) and brought it to my shop fast forward I sourced a Kubota d1105e 3 cylinder diesel that adapted /converted everything to it and upon starting it I have lift and curl hydraulics but no drive hydraulics. The skid steer also now rolls and wheels are not locked up. I pulled the chain covers and chains are still on I adjust them and the parking brake, cleaned the hydraulic reservoir and put new fluid in. But still zero movement and no load on motor when moving the steer handles. Looking for tow valves that may be released letting fluid bypass or any idea as what may have happened along with some detailed hydraulic diagrams to diagnose it if possible.

Attachments

• IMG_7091.jpeg
    IMG_7091.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 16

kubie

I have a New Holland L325 skid loader that came with a predator 670 motor installed when I purchased it. Worked great with some maintenance for two years then motor threw a rod. When it died I was idling down and was about to park it then it just shut off… I winched it into a trailer with the wheels not spinning (sucked) and brought it to my shop fast forward I sourced a Kubota d1105e 3 cylinder diesel that adapted /converted everything to it and upon starting it I have lift and curl hydraulics but no drive hydraulics. The skid steer also now rolls and wheels are not locked up. I pulled the chain covers and chains are still on I adjust them and the parking brake, cleaned the hydraulic reservoir and put new fluid in. But still zero movement and no load on motor when moving the steer handles. Looking for tow valves that may be released letting fluid bypass or any idea as what may have happened along with some detailed hydraulic diagrams to diagnose it if possible.
I am having the exact same problem. did you find out anything?

OP
OP
W

Wall-E

Not yet, everything runs just can't get it to drive. About to rebuild the pumps, just doesn't make sense that they died with the motor

brdgbldr

Not yet, everything runs just can't get it to drive. About to rebuild the pumps, just doesn't make sense that they died with the motor
I don't know anything about these machines but my first thought is that maybe you lost your relief valve. With that valve wide open there wouldn't be enough oil going to the motors to spin them.

Bobcat used to make a kit that would replace a valve so the machine could be towed/freewheeled.

OP
OP
W

Wall-E

I don't know anything about these machines but my first thought is that maybe you lost your relief valve. With that valve wide open there wouldn't be enough oil going to the motors to spin them.

Bobcat used to make a kit that would replace a valve so the machine could be towed/freewheeled.

Bobcat used to make a kit that would replace a valve so the machine could be towed/freewheeled
I haven't found a relive valve that would cause it but if someone knows of one I would be glad to replace it. I found the tow valves but nothing appeared to be wrong with them and they are in the drive position and were not in tow.

River Fluid Power

I haven't found a relive valve that would cause it but if someone knows of one I would be glad to replace it. I found the tow valves but nothing appeared to be wrong with them and they are in the drive position and were not in tow.
Hopefully the pumps weren't damaged when this machine was winched onto the trailer. Towing these machines can cause the motors to pump oil to the pumps and damage them.

kubie

I bought mine not running and after i put a motor in it I found out the two releafe valves on top where open. colose them and now it works

kubie

I bought mine not running. put a motor in it and then found that the person i bought it from must have oppened both relief valves on top. now it works.

OP
OP
W

Wall-E

I wish but both relief valves for towing are not my issue tried them in to and not, zero lid on the motor still. I'm gonna check the side reliefs on the piston pumps this weekend but I think I have a failure when the motor died, the thing only got winched maybe 15 feet but who know what kinda of damage happened

River Fluid Power

I wish but both relief valves for towing are not my issue tried them in to and not, zero lid on the motor still. I'm gonna check the side reliefs on the piston pumps this weekend but I think I have a failure when the motor died, the thing only got winched maybe 15 feet but who know what kinda of damage happened
Two more cents….

When you winched the skidsteer on to the trailer, you said the wheels were locked up. You only went fifteen feet. I believe the hydraulic pump is mounted on the back of the hydrostat, so the shaft is turning all the way through from the drive end. Now the wheels spin free. I would pull the drive motors first. Check those output shafts and make sure they are intact.