L218 No power past the instrument cluster

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

New here I have a 2013 NH L218. No power to the instrument cluster. I ordered a refurbed cluster still no power. I have replaced all relays and checked fuses. Interestingly when I have the cluster unplugged I get 12v at the ignition switch, the seat belt switch, and the seat pressure switch. As soon as I plug in either of my clusters I can only get 3v at ignition , seat belt , and seat pressure switch. I have power showing up almost everywhere I just cant get it to power up the cluster. I have 12v constant on one pin in the harness to the cluster and 12v on another when the seat pressure switch is activated. I have found one diode under the cab on the left side of the machine in the wiring harness and another behind the instrument cluster wiring harness behind the pillar. I have found a rubbed white wire below the harness that seems to be connected to the diode behind the cluster. I am hoping changing the diode will make a difference. It seems like something isn't being activated to bring the cluster to life but i don't know what it is. I am not sure how many other diodes are in the system... I have attempted to test the diodes and i believe it is testing bad.

The trouble started slow and progressively got worse. I thought the seat pressure sensor was going out, but i have replaced that and it didnt fix the occasional problem.

Final straw was i had it running and had not unlocked the hydraulics and bumped one of the handles and stalled the engine. It started back up for a second and flashed a low voltage indicator and shutdown. Hasn't come back on since.

I am wondering if the rubbed wire has caused the diode to fail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
W
Just to follow up my battery was no good. I intialy had it tested at AutoZone when I first started having electrical issues. They said it tested good. After troubleshooting a bunch of other things I came back to the battery and put it in another piece of equipment. It would barely turn the engine over. I bought a new battery and the L218 came right to life.

Lesson learned these machines are super sensitive to power supply. The old battery would charge and hold a charge. Just wouldn't function under load.