L170 no lights on EIC

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Curtiss

Skidsteer runs, looks like no power to the EIC. nothing lights up on the EIC. can not lift or rotate bucket. i know the seat and belt switchs are ok. the EIC module itself looks clean, no burnt out parts. what is the method to check for proper power and signal to the EIC?

OP
OP
C

Curtiss

Do you have 12v at the seat switch and the seat belt connector?
Hi Mike10, i do have 12v to the seat and belt. also, the EIC board does have 12 v on pin14 of th J2 header. in addition the warning buzzer is activated when the key is on.

Mike10

Hi Mike10, i do have 12v to the seat and belt. also, the EIC board does have 12 v on pin14 of th J2 header. in addition the warning buzzer is activated when the key is on.
Is this a L or a LS170? L loaders only have one connector at the instrument panel. When you sit in the seat you should have 12V at pin 4 of the J2 connector. If you have no voltage there the panel will not light up. When you fasten the seat belt you should also have power at pin 11 of the same connector.

OP
OP
C

Curtiss

Is this a L or a LS170? L loaders only have one connector at the instrument panel. When you sit in the seat you should have 12V at pin 4 of the J2 connector. If you have no voltage there the panel will not light up. When you fasten the seat belt you should also have power at pin 11 of the same connector.
not sure if it is a L or LS yet. the EIC has a J1 connector also 11 pins. will check pin4 and pin 11 on J2 next.

OP
OP
C

Curtiss

hello Mike I have 12v at pin4 J2 when in the seat. also 12v at pin11 with seat belt connected. there is a toggle switch upper left under a cover. with the switch in position A the 12 v is not present on pin 4. with the switch in position B the 12v is at pin 4. the skid steer will crank over in either switch position. but will only run in one position. bucket will not lift or move.

Mike10

hello Mike I have 12v at pin4 J2 when in the seat. also 12v at pin11 with seat belt connected. there is a toggle switch upper left under a cover. with the switch in position A the 12 v is not present on pin 4. with the switch in position B the 12v is at pin 4. the skid steer will crank over in either switch position. but will only run in one position. bucket will not lift or move.
Next check if you have 12v at pin 14 and continuity to ground on pin 13. Pin 14 gets is power from the engine fuse panel by way of a 5A fuse. Pin 14 should always have power. You might just start at the engine fuse panel and check the fuse first. It is the fuse block closest to the engine and the second from the bottom.

Mike10

Next check if you have 12v at pin 14 and continuity to ground on pin 13. Pin 14 gets is power from the engine fuse panel by way of a 5A fuse. Pin 14 should always have power. You might just start at the engine fuse panel and check the fuse first. It is the fuse block closest to the engine and the second from the bottom.
After looking at the wiring diagram again I do not think it is the fuse since it also supplies power to the seat and seat belt. If pin 13 and 14 check out then I would suspect the instrument panel is defective.

lonewolf1036

Skidsteer runs, looks like no power to the EIC. nothing lights up on the EIC. can not lift or rotate bucket. i know the seat and belt switchs are ok. the EIC module itself looks clean, no burnt out parts. what is the method to check for proper power and signal to the EIC?
Did you ever get a solid hold of what your problem was? I am having the exact same issue on a new holland ls170