L170 Hayes coupling installation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jordan0550

Hey All- I have an 06 L170 that I just rebuilt the engine in. I purchased a new Hayes flex coupling but I do not have access to the maintenance manual (I only have the manual for the LS170 which uses a different style of coupling). Does anyone out there have the manual or knows the clearance for the coupling hub to be mounted to the splined shaft on the pump? Much appreciated-
J

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0897.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0897.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 53

Shanmar

I had a similar issue on an L185. We did some careful measuring to figure how far into the housing the hub would need to be to be centered in the drive. In that case, it ended up being flush with the end of the pump shaft. Maybe you can do something similar.

OP
OP
J

jordan0550

I had a similar issue on an L185. We did some careful measuring to figure how far into the housing the hub would need to be to be centered in the drive. In that case, it ended up being flush with the end of the pump shaft. Maybe you can do something similar.
Thanks Shanmar, I figure that will be my last resort. I was hoping someone had the procedure in one of their manuals. My new coupling will only be arriving in a couple weeks anyway so i'm not in a rush. Thanks- J