L 555 Slow Boom Lift

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shortload

I have a L 555 Deluxe and recently started having slow (and weak) boom lifting capability. The drive seems good in forward and reverse. The engine speed does not seem to make any difference on the lifting speed as it did in the past. I have new hyd. filters ordered, but could they be the problem? Any suggestions? I did not see a post on this subject . Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
It could also be a worn pump.
Does it still have power while lifting? or simply slow?

OP
OP
S

shortload

It could also be a worn pump.
Does it still have power while lifting? or simply slow?
Tazza, The lifting is weak also. It still lifts but not to the extent that it did. That would be the gear pump that is mounted to the drive pumps, right? At the front end. Thanks Patrick

skidsteer.ca

Tazza, The lifting is weak also. It still lifts but not to the extent that it did. That would be the gear pump that is mounted to the drive pumps, right? At the front end. Thanks Patrick
That is the correct pump. You should hook a 3000 psi guage to your front couplers and see what the max pressure is. And compare that against your models spec.
I'd guess 2250 to 2500psi would be close to right.
A bad relief will have low pressure constantly, a bad pump usually has good pressure with cold oil and at higher rpm but pressure drops as the oil warms and thins out or the rpm is reduced.
Ken

OP
OP
S

shortload

That is the correct pump. You should hook a 3000 psi guage to your front couplers and see what the max pressure is. And compare that against your models spec.
I'd guess 2250 to 2500psi would be close to right.
A bad relief will have low pressure constantly, a bad pump usually has good pressure with cold oil and at higher rpm but pressure drops as the oil warms and thins out or the rpm is reduced.
Ken
Ken, Thanks I will hook up the pressure gauge and check the pressure first. Patrick

Latest posts