Kubota sv75

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TigerLee

Hi I posted this by mistake in the bobcat section....here's my question as posted earlier: Hello, new to the forum, looks like a great site. I have run Bobcat for 20+ years. This year for many reasons I switched to a kubota sv75. So far I am impressed with the machine. Loaded with options,The cab and door system is great, very quite running machine, but.... Anyone else out there that owns one - does your loader and bucket stay where you leave it? With my previous machines ( probably 12 for sure) If I left the loader 4' off the ground it would stay there all day if I was using it for a scaffold etc.... This machine: loader drops 4" in 20 mins and the bucket or forks in this case tilt down over 24" in 20 min. If hauling dirt you constantly have to pull the bucket back. Dealer says this is within normal range of hydraulic sag....1" of cylinder sag in an hour is normal - which would be close to a foot of drop on the actual loader. thoughts? Thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
That doesn't sound right to me. It's normal for them to lower a little, but not so much that you need to keep lifting them while moving a load of dirt.
Internal leakage in a cylinder or the control valve can cause it/
If the machine is new, i'd get them to check it out.

OP
OP
T

TigerLee

That doesn't sound right to me. It's normal for them to lower a little, but not so much that you need to keep lifting them while moving a load of dirt.
Internal leakage in a cylinder or the control valve can cause it/
If the machine is new, i'd get them to check it out.
To me either.... I have run Bobcat for 25+ years new and old ones and never had a loader sink. I took it into the dealership last week. They did tests and said it falls well within kubotas standards.. 1" of drop measured on the cylinder per hour is acceptable. To me that is far from acceptable - 1" on the cylinder equals close to 6" of drop on the loader. When we put our man basket on it and are using it as a platform or sawhorse.... the tilt on the bucket will have us on the ground in no time...! Was just hoping someone out there with any kubota machine might have an answer. If thats nature of the beast so be it - but I can't be the only one that uses a loader in the air??!!

Tazza

Staff member
To me either.... I have run Bobcat for 25+ years new and old ones and never had a loader sink. I took it into the dealership last week. They did tests and said it falls well within kubotas standards.. 1" of drop measured on the cylinder per hour is acceptable. To me that is far from acceptable - 1" on the cylinder equals close to 6" of drop on the loader. When we put our man basket on it and are using it as a platform or sawhorse.... the tilt on the bucket will have us on the ground in no time...! Was just hoping someone out there with any kubota machine might have an answer. If thats nature of the beast so be it - but I can't be the only one that uses a loader in the air??!!
You are not alone with using the machine in the air. I have used my bucket as a welding platform before, or a stem for using to cut trees with a chainsaw.
The other thing is, the 1" per hour is under no load too! so add a load of dirt or a man basket with people, that is extra weight, i bet you the cylinder will drop faster than 1" per hour if it does that with no load.....
It is possible that re-packing the cylinders could help, but i can't say for sure. It's the first place i'd start

830Scott

I had a new SSV75, in 2016. Put 1300 hours on it. Machine was less than impressive... leak down was typical for that machine. Have JCB now, it also leaks down... not quite as bad. Our NH didn't start leaking down till around 2500 hours.... I that was do you the cylinders being a bit worn.

JTWAT

I had a new SSV75, in 2016. Put 1300 hours on it. Machine was less than impressive... leak down was typical for that machine. Have JCB now, it also leaks down... not quite as bad. Our NH didn't start leaking down till around 2500 hours.... I that was do you the cylinders being a bit worn.
I have a 2017 SVL75-2 with 800 hrs on it. It will droop to the ground within a day but not as fast as yours.