Komatsu PC20-6

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Picked up a well used PC20-6 on Friday, just wondering if anyone had a service manual for one of them.
It runs and moves, the engine is a bit hard to start, I have known the guy a while, he bought it with the engine needing a snort of "start ya bastard" to get it to wake up, he did work on the motor, it doesn't need ether, but still takes a bit to get going and does smoke with the smell of fuel. I'm wondering if that could be timing or a bad injector. I'll need to see what i can make to install a presure gauge to check it out. No glow plugs to easily screw it in.
Control linkages do have a fair bir of play, should be repairable with new heim joints and some machining to tighten up loose points.
One of the main concerns i have is the final drives, there are plugs, but i have no details on how much and what type of oil is needed. Hopefully the rest is failry straight forward, a pump and valve are the same where ever you go.

flyerdan

Congrats on the new toy, I'm sure you can cause lots of carnage with that.
There are a bunch of Komatsu excavators in the Truckmanuals hub. There are an impressive amount of brands represented there; it's linked in the manual thread but defaults to the Bobcat section.
There isn't the exact model listed there, but hopefully you'll find one that's close enough to get the info you need.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Congrats on the new toy, I'm sure you can cause lots of carnage with that.
There are a bunch of Komatsu excavators in the Truckmanuals hub. There are an impressive amount of brands represented there; it's linked in the manual thread but defaults to the Bobcat section.
There isn't the exact model listed there, but hopefully you'll find one that's close enough to get the info you need.
Thanks buddy, i'll grab what manuals i can and hope something will be close enough. I'm hoping that this machine will do all the jobs i have planned for it.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks buddy, i'll grab what manuals i can and hope something will be close enough. I'm hoping that this machine will do all the jobs i have planned for it.
After hunting around for ages, i just gave in and bought a manual online. It's not great, but it gives more info than i had before.
It surprises me that the final drive oil is just SAE 10 and nothing fancy, but i guess they aren't doing the sort of work they do on a tracked skid steer. Even the swivel bearing assembly runs the same oil, i bet most of these fluids ahve never been changed....

Latest posts