John Deere 8875 makes "zzzz" sound when turning left

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JD8875!

I have a John Deere 8875 skidsteere. I've only had it for about three months and I bought it with this issue. when turning left with the machine, at a certain point pulling back on the left stick it makes a very loud and very fast "zzzzz" sound. this sound happens primarily when going downhill. I have checked the drive chains which are good. I have also drained the fluid in both chain boxes and replaced it. could someone please give me some insight on what this problem could be? Thanks in advance!

brdgbldr

I have a John Deere 8875 skidsteere. I've only had it for about three months and I bought it with this issue. when turning left with the machine, at a certain point pulling back on the left stick it makes a very loud and very fast "zzzzz" sound. this sound happens primarily when going downhill. I have checked the drive chains which are good. I have also drained the fluid in both chain boxes and replaced it. could someone please give me some insight on what this problem could be? Thanks in advance!
Did you take a good look at the sprockets? The chains could be tight but the sprockets worn out.

Chris 8603

We had a 4475 that has been doing that for years. Ours is coming from the right hand side. Ours is coming from the motor. It's been like that for several years. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, so we have just keep going.