john deere 260 starter question?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kauz

i have a 2000 john deere 260 and i was moving snow with it for about 4 hrs and i parked it outside and went back out about 5 hours later and and all it will do now is CLICK when i try to start it. i checked the battery and it has 12v tried to jump start it with another battery and still just CLICKED. how can i access the starter without lifting the cab? Is it possible that snow got in to the starter and froze it so it will not turn? one more question---- how can i move it (pull it---push it) without damaging the hydraulic's? or does anyone have any suggestion's that might help me with this problem. THANK YOU Kauz

jerry

Is everything else normal up to the no start point? Do you have the operators manual for it? There may be some help in there.

OP
OP
K

kauz

Is everything else normal up to the no start point? Do you have the operators manual for it? There may be some help in there.
yes, everything else seems normal up to that point. I do have a operator's manual but it is no help. any suggestion on where to get a service manual for this machine other than from a John Deere dealer? THANK YOU!

jerry

yes, everything else seems normal up to that point. I do have a operator's manual but it is no help. any suggestion on where to get a service manual for this machine other than from a John Deere dealer? THANK YOU!
If things are normal to that point I think the most common trouble is seat/seat belt switches. Try the seat belt several times. I suppose you have looked through the previous posts on trouble similar to this. Help will be along.

OP
OP
K

kauz

If things are normal to that point I think the most common trouble is seat/seat belt switches. Try the seat belt several times. I suppose you have looked through the previous posts on trouble similar to this. Help will be along.
thanks for the response's------ i was able to run an extension cord out to the skid steer and plug in the engine block heater for about 3 hours and it must of put out enough heat to do something with the starter, i went out and it did start so i think it might of had some ice some where. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Latest posts