Jerky Steering l-779

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

NJSteve

I hope someone can help with 2 problems I have. First, I have a New Holland L-779 which works great except the steering is jerky. If I move the handles forward very very slowly I can usually move it without jerking. If I move the controls forward smoothly the machine bucks. This causes the machine to buck even greater because it's jerking me and the controls back and forth. I let go of the controls and let it stop jerking before continuing. The machine has had all it's filters changed and the fluid is clear. I could use some help with this. Second, the bucket will not go up or down. It will tilt. It worked perfectly for the longest time. Then it suddenly stopped. It seems to want to work, but it seems like something is stopping it. I suspect the seat switch. How can I check this? Thanks, you guys are great.

mllud

I dont know how new you are on a skid steer? I have only been using one for 6 months. I fought with this problem for a week or two. I thought there was no way it was me. It was. This never happens anymore with me. There may be something else that causes thts. Someone with more Knowledge will give more advice. Mike

mllud

[No message]
You might check your linkages going from your control levers to your pumps. you can adjust the slack out. Make shure you dont change the center position on the pumps,the loader will creep.Your problem with the bucket. Your going in the right direction checking your seat belt and switches under the seat. they are pressure activated when you it in the seat.There are other threads on thes two issues. you might try doing a search. Mike

mllud

You might check your linkages going from your control levers to your pumps. you can adjust the slack out. Make shure you dont change the center position on the pumps,the loader will creep.Your problem with the bucket. Your going in the right direction checking your seat belt and switches under the seat. they are pressure activated when you it in the seat.There are other threads on thes two issues. you might try doing a search. Mike
Here are a couple things you might check.Make sure your service/run switch is in the run position, Its upper right if your setting in the seat. you might have to loosen a thumb screw and slide a little plate aside. Also you have a solenoid that gets power when you are in the seat with the seat belt fastened.You need to make shure it gets power. Your control block with the selenoid is under your feet. you have to remove the floor plate to access. You should hear your selenoid click when your in the seat with the seat belt fatened and turn the key to the on position. Check your hydraulic fluid. you may have enough to drive and tilt the bucket but not to raise the cylinder.Mike

jerry

Here are a couple things you might check.Make sure your service/run switch is in the run position, Its upper right if your setting in the seat. you might have to loosen a thumb screw and slide a little plate aside. Also you have a solenoid that gets power when you are in the seat with the seat belt fastened.You need to make shure it gets power. Your control block with the selenoid is under your feet. you have to remove the floor plate to access. You should hear your selenoid click when your in the seat with the seat belt fatened and turn the key to the on position. Check your hydraulic fluid. you may have enough to drive and tilt the bucket but not to raise the cylinder.Mike
I looked at a New Holland last year and it did exactly that if you did not fasten the seat belt.

OP
OP
N

NJSteve

Thanks all. I took your advice and got it to work. It was the seat connection problem. I'm still looking to stop the jerky motion when I move forward. It only seems to do it at low speeds. It might be me, I'm working on that, but if you have any other ideas I would appreciate them. Love this place.

mllud

Thanks all. I took your advice and got it to work. It was the seat connection problem. I'm still looking to stop the jerky motion when I move forward. It only seems to do it at low speeds. It might be me, I'm working on that, but if you have any other ideas I would appreciate them. Love this place.
Steve I have a new holland lx865 I cant tell you what I changed in the way I moved the control levers. I had some wild rides the first couple weeks. Never happens now. You will get it in the groove. Mike

Earthwerks Unlimited

Steve I have a new holland lx865 I cant tell you what I changed in the way I moved the control levers. I had some wild rides the first couple weeks. Never happens now. You will get it in the groove. Mike
That solenoid can be removed easily for inspection. The solenoid has a small pin that drops down in a groove on the control valve spool inside. My dealer showed me that if the solenoid breaks (the pin) you can remove the solenoid and the pin if broken and replace it with a plug until you can get it serviced with a good part. As far as being jerky, my buddy's did that too--was way too low on fluid--and it sucks air. And if if it is too low you will in short time ruin the pump---DOH! If there is air in the lines it will take awhile to purge it

Latest posts