JD 318D crank but no start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

clee1985

I have an older JD 318D that will crank fine but will not start. This started happening following a no start for a bad battery (bad cell). Replaced battery, started fine. Then on first use the operator got the bucket hydraulic rod and brackets caught on chains and pulled loose. Now the unit will turn over fine but no start. Did use WD40 as a starting fluid and it started once, but will not start again. Cranks at normal speed, but will not start to run. Bucket is stuck in the up position and the bucket control linkage has been disabled to repair. While starting the unit will puff black smoke from the exhaust as if it is getting fuel. I have extensive diesel truck experience but first experience with a JD Skid steer and not sure what type of injection system it has. I understand from reading forums that it has individual injector pumps for each cylinder with nozzles, it also has a shut off solenoid and lift pump. Where should I start? The unit is blocking other equipment at this time and I need it moved Monday morning. Thanks for the help and ideas. Craig

SkidRoe

Hi,
I moved your post so that it will get more visibility from the appropriate users.
Cheers - SR