jd 240 hyd. problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

elkhntngmt

240 jd brake will unlock releasing hydraulics and allowing skid steer to move no power on the left side right side and all othed hyd. work fine. I've had all the reliefs out on that side have not removed drive yet looking for suggestions when stick is moved all the way forward drive motor feels like it wants to engage will pull down motor a little

Tazza

Staff member
How is the pumps arranged? is it possible a shaft between the pumps has broken?
Can you swap drive motors from side to side to see if the problem moves? if it moves, its the pump.

OP
OP
E

elkhntngmt

How is the pumps arranged? is it possible a shaft between the pumps has broken?
Can you swap drive motors from side to side to see if the problem moves? if it moves, its the pump.
Thanks for the suggestion working on that tonight thanks for the info

OP
OP
E

elkhntngmt

Thanks for the suggestion working on that tonight thanks for the info
Found the problem left drive motor inner seal was destroyed sending small fragments into the relief valve on the inner side of the pump went from a 900.00 fix to 58.00 very happy about that. Thanks for yor time

skidsteer.ca

I have a service manual for the series one 240 and 250, if your interested it can be downloaded here http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ea2a89d84d39b0354c17ca8801618ef70144d6439ee0ab6b5621d66e282a0ee8
Ken
i have the service manual and the same issues but mine does not ahve the georoller drive motor as in the manual mine has sauer danfoss? and after rebuilding the drive motor. is there anything that could cause it to not drive the left side wheels.

Tazza

Staff member
i have the service manual and the same issues but mine does not ahve the georoller drive motor as in the manual mine has sauer danfoss? and after rebuilding the drive motor. is there anything that could cause it to not drive the left side wheels.
The geroler just means the type of drive motor it is, not the brand name. The Geroler is the part of the motor that does the work. It has a centre start looking part with rollers that sit between the housing and the star.
Could a seal have not been put in correctly?