IT4/DPF

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

In looking for a large frame machine I'm finding that they are all going to be IT4 unless I want to wait until august and get the full tier 4 off the line. From what I've seen in the bc vid's the IT4 set up could potentially be a pain in the but, but perhaps it's just an incorrect observation on my part. I do know that at 3k hours you have to have the dpf serviced which isn't fun but in terms of the regeneration and if that really is an impact during use I just don't know, and that's why I'm asking here. I've noticed that manual regeneration is not good b/c you have to leave the machine running for a while. In terms of the different regen options the passive regen is obviously the best but you loose 25% power. That last option where you blow it off for so long that you have to have the machine serviced is obviously not the way to go. So in a nutshell the main question is whether or not the whole regeneration process is even something to worry about or to even avoid a machine because of it having the dpf. I know if I wait for full tier 4 it will cost about 7k more. That hurts. I guess I'm looking for someone here to tell me that IT4 and the dpf/regeneration is a non issue and you won't even notice it. Therefore it would be a no brainer to just get the IT4. I also wonder if the diesel smell of the IT4 is stronger than the full tier 4. I'm not wild about the smell of diesel. I've been around a full tier 4 and you can't smell a thing, it's great. Hopefully the IT4 is the same. Any thoughts or insight? thanks

Bobcatdan

Either buy a used tier 3 machine with the tried and true Kubota or wait for the new bobcat branded engine. The new engine to my knowledge will use DEF, but no DPF. The exhaust system will not need service on it. The current interim tier 4 Kubota engines are gutless pigs in my book.

OP
OP
B
Either buy a used tier 3 machine with the tried and true Kubota or wait for the new bobcat branded engine. The new engine to my knowledge will use DEF, but no DPF. The exhaust system will not need service on it. The current interim tier 4 Kubota engines are gutless pigs in my book.
Thanks. I like the idea of waiting for the new bobcat t4 but it's 7k more. I may be stuck with the it4 or t4 kubota. I bet the 3k hour service on the dpf costs a lot. Probably a grand at least huh?

Latest posts