Isuzu 4JB1 Oil coming from dip stick tube.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jimhubersr

I have 1994 Bobcat 853 with Isuzu 4BJ1 PK-3 diesel with oil coming from dip stick tube. I put balloon on breather hose coming off valve cover (next to PVC) to test PVC and balloon did inflate, telling me PVC is okay. Is there a second crankcase ventilation that could be plugged? Also there's black soot buildup in engine bay. After power washing and running machine for 2 hours, soot buildup was back. Engine does not visibly smoke. I'm guessing engine needs overhaul but first checking other things.

foton

yes you need to check the vent that I assume is on the side of the block , I would remove it and make sure there is no blockages between the block and the vent it will not hurt to rinse it in whatever solvent you want to use it might look like a course steel wool in there, if all is good there you might have some worn or stuck rings giving you blow by.

OP
OP
J

jimhubersr

I read there were 2 crankcase vents on that engine and haven't found the one you mentioned. Soot buildup is on left side, so I'll start looking there.

OP
OP
J

jimhubersr

Having trouble finding second vent, can you provide tips on its location? Any help will be greatly appreciated.