Is 2-speed option worth it?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

500K_773

I am looking at purchasing a larger machine and will be special ordering it. The 2-speed option is about a $1,800 option. Basically it increases the machine top speed from about 7 MPH to 12 MPH. I really don't forsee using it on the jobsite, but it would be nice if I ever have to cross large areas or have snowplowing jobs in one neighborhood / subdivision. Any comments positive or negative would be appreciated.

Bob Horrell

I definitely like mine and it works well with the ATS system. You can really cook along with a full bucket and the suspension of the ATS system helps a lot at speed. I just don't turn when in hi gear. It might also be an advantage when plowing snow - just don't hit anything hidden in the snow at that speed. OUCH. I guess that is why the Bobcats with 2 speeds come with a seatbelt with a shoulder strap.

StuZ

I definitely like mine and it works well with the ATS system. You can really cook along with a full bucket and the suspension of the ATS system helps a lot at speed. I just don't turn when in hi gear. It might also be an advantage when plowing snow - just don't hit anything hidden in the snow at that speed. OUCH. I guess that is why the Bobcats with 2 speeds come with a seatbelt with a shoulder strap.
Nice sure, is it worth the extra money, well, you are the banker. If you work a long distance between your pile of dirt ect. and where you want to put it, or do ANY road work, Yes it's probably worth it. Bobcat doesn't seem to have a lot of trouble with it either. Good Luck !!