international skid steer 3300b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

seadoggydog

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a location for parts and a service manual for the above skid steer. It runs o.k. but the motor is starting to smoke, so it will need a rebuild. It also does not like to turn, I don't no if it is low tire pressure as the walls of the tires are flexing when it trys to turn; or is it the pump failing to divert pressure. I live in Brampton Ontario Canada, and I can't seem to find any place up here that deals with this old skid steer. I am new to the game and don't know much about them. Any help would be appreciated. Ron

skidsteer.ca

Ron
I'm not sure if international still supports their skidsteers with parts. A likely bet for hydraulic pumps, motors, packing for cylinders, hose etc would be any local hydraulic shop. I can't speak for that specific brand but most of these loaders were built with "off the shelf" hydraulic component so all you really need is the tag on the pump or motor with its brand and serial number. A good hyd shop should be able to help you out. Another place to check is surpluscenter.com and northerntools.com for hydraulic stufff. Also many bearing supply houses carry bearings, idelers, sprockets and chain.
As for the engine, if its just starting to smoke and the oil consumption is not more then you can put up with, Personally I would leave it for now, or at least until you sort the steering out.
As for the tire flexing what size are they and how much pressure in in them? What does the machine weight? I run 30 to 35 psi in a 10:00 by 16.5 which is somewhat of a balloon tire is a 6k lb loader. If you loader has narrow tires, you may need more pressure then is.
For a service manual, and other items ebay.com is alos worth a try, you never know whats for sale there, and there are always many manuals.
Ken

skidsteer.ca

Ron
I'm not sure if international still supports their skidsteers with parts. A likely bet for hydraulic pumps, motors, packing for cylinders, hose etc would be any local hydraulic shop. I can't speak for that specific brand but most of these loaders were built with "off the shelf" hydraulic component so all you really need is the tag on the pump or motor with its brand and serial number. A good hyd shop should be able to help you out. Another place to check is surpluscenter.com and northerntools.com for hydraulic stufff. Also many bearing supply houses carry bearings, idelers, sprockets and chain.
As for the engine, if its just starting to smoke and the oil consumption is not more then you can put up with, Personally I would leave it for now, or at least until you sort the steering out.
As for the tire flexing what size are they and how much pressure in in them? What does the machine weight? I run 30 to 35 psi in a 10:00 by 16.5 which is somewhat of a balloon tire is a 6k lb loader. If you loader has narrow tires, you may need more pressure then is.
For a service manual, and other items ebay.com is alos worth a try, you never know whats for sale there, and there are always many manuals.
Ken
Ron
I know a local fellow who had a wisconsin engine like yours rebuilt for his 730 something bobcat. He said at first it ws hard to find parts in canada but once he got looking in the US he found someone vary familar with them.
If I see him at the coffee shop I'll ask for the info for the parts supplier. I fellow I used to drag race with did the engine machine work for him, but I'm out in the western end of ontario, far from you.
Regards
Ken

sterlclan

Ron
I know a local fellow who had a wisconsin engine like yours rebuilt for his 730 something bobcat. He said at first it ws hard to find parts in canada but once he got looking in the US he found someone vary familar with them.
If I see him at the coffee shop I'll ask for the info for the parts supplier. I fellow I used to drag race with did the engine machine work for him, but I'm out in the western end of ontario, far from you.
Regards
Ken
http://www.continentalengines.com/ce_manufacturers/ce_manu_wiscon.asp I ordered parts right from the wisconsin factory got them in 4 days good luck Jeff