installing keepers in valve stem retainer case 410

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bingoo

putting engine back together after replacing head gasket and servicing valves. Cant seem to get keepers back in valve seal retainer . Machine is a 2006 case 410 with a shibaura engine . Various spring compressors are slightly to large to fit in the small space . Also lisle install tool 36200 is to wide . Has anyone used the lisle 36050 since its apparently a little narrower . thks bingoo

OP
OP
B

bingoo

After numerous hours trying to put the keepers in I stumbled upon the solution . I cut a 13/16 sparkplug socket in half length wise that is down to the area where the socket wrench would go in . I put one keeper in the retainer and locked it down , I placed the open side of the socket next to the open side of the retainer and pushed down and the then placed the keeper in the open hole . I was able to do 8 in 10 min . Something so simple - worked great . if someone is working on smaller engines keep this in mind . bingoo

Tazza

Staff member
After numerous hours trying to put the keepers in I stumbled upon the solution . I cut a 13/16 sparkplug socket in half length wise that is down to the area where the socket wrench would go in . I put one keeper in the retainer and locked it down , I placed the open side of the socket next to the open side of the retainer and pushed down and the then placed the keeper in the open hole . I was able to do 8 in 10 min . Something so simple - worked great . if someone is working on smaller engines keep this in mind . bingoo
Good to hear you got it sorted out.
I have made weird valve spring compressors in the past, mainly for side valve engines, as long as it does the job, no matter how bad it looks, it's a win.

OP
OP
B

bingoo

Good to hear you got it sorted out.
I have made weird valve spring compressors in the past, mainly for side valve engines, as long as it does the job, no matter how bad it looks, it's a win.
thks tazza , you never know what will happen if you desperate. bingoo