Inside a fuel injector

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
So, i managed to get hold of a 753 at auction that i was told was running a month earlier. Got it home and spent about 8 hours getting it to start! Someone removed the starter and some parts from inside the injector pump....
Anyway, back to my question. I found that my injectors were clogged so i pulled them apart and cleaned the nozzle, needle etc. I got to the injector body where the fuel comes in and the tap off line. The tap off line was clear but the fuel feed was clogged up. If you look down where the fuel goes in you see a round piece of steel with like 2 V's cut in it, fuel travels down the V's, then joins to a hole in the side of the injector body. I tried compressed air from both ends with no luck, also tried an ultrasonic cleaner. Does anyone know if there is a filter down there at all? as something has totally plugged up and will only allow fuel to drip through when attached to the pump. I was lucky enough to have a few spare injectors i could pinch the bodies off that the fuel or air could pass through with ease.
I did get it all sorted out, but i would like to know if there is something inside the body that i didn't know was there. I'd like to clean them up so i can re-assemble the injectors as they have very low hours on them.

Fishfiles

Ya got me , I buy new or get them rebuilt when I need injectors , I never have taken them apart , check out the part break down maybe , or call your local diesel shop , could it be the nozzle clogged up bwith carbon ?

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Ya got me , I buy new or get them rebuilt when I need injectors , I never have taken them apart , check out the part break down maybe , or call your local diesel shop , could it be the nozzle clogged up bwith carbon ?
I think i may need to call my diesel guy about it.
The nozzle was fine, i pulled it fully apart to clean the nozzle and the needle that runs in the nozzle, they both moved correctly. The problem was delivering the fuel to the nozzle. The fuel flows through the body of the injector to the nozzle. It wasn't passing through the body of the injector.... Pictures may be required :)