I think....

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RS Coyote

I think this place would benefit form a general discussion section. Where we can talk about what ever. Then maybe this forum would grow little faster.

owensge

So you'd like to have an area called "General Discussion" that would be for anything? I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but I'd like to get at least two positive replies before I put it out there. Is there anyone else out there that would find an open "General Discussion" area useful?

Tazza

Staff member
So you'd like to have an area called "General Discussion" that would be for anything? I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but I'd like to get at least two positive replies before I put it out there. Is there anyone else out there that would find an open "General Discussion" area useful?
I'd go along with that, mind you, my opinion doesn't count for much, just ask my boss....

500K_773

I'd go along with that, mind you, my opinion doesn't count for much, just ask my boss....
I think it could also be a good idea. I usually visit here every day, but don't always have posts to read. It could increase visits and posts, attract new members, and most importantly provice a place to ask off topic questions that don't fit any of the existing catagories. There would need to be some ground rules set before hand. Ie.: no religious, political, sexual, racist, etc... posts that could cause heated discussions. Any general discussion foum would have to be moderated closely to keep from offending any potential new / existing members who may get upset and come back. We would have to remember that this is the BobcatForum first and foremost and would not want to do anything that may jeopardize the site growing. Just give fair warning that you will get rid of the forum if it got out of hand. O.K., enough of me playing mother hen.

OP
OP
R

RS Coyote

I think it could also be a good idea. I usually visit here every day, but don't always have posts to read. It could increase visits and posts, attract new members, and most importantly provice a place to ask off topic questions that don't fit any of the existing catagories. There would need to be some ground rules set before hand. Ie.: no religious, political, sexual, racist, etc... posts that could cause heated discussions. Any general discussion foum would have to be moderated closely to keep from offending any potential new / existing members who may get upset and come back. We would have to remember that this is the BobcatForum first and foremost and would not want to do anything that may jeopardize the site growing. Just give fair warning that you will get rid of the forum if it got out of hand. O.K., enough of me playing mother hen.
I agree with 500K_773 quote: There would need to be some ground rules set before hand. Ie.: no religious, political, sexual, racist, etc... posts that could cause heated discussions. That this is the BobcatForum first and foremost.
But it would give us an area to post odd jobs or projects. Get or give info or advice about other things we don't know the answer to. I also check in here most every day. But some times there are no new postes for a week at a time.

owensge

I agree with 500K_773 quote: There would need to be some ground rules set before hand. Ie.: no religious, political, sexual, racist, etc... posts that could cause heated discussions. That this is the BobcatForum first and foremost.
But it would give us an area to post odd jobs or projects. Get or give info or advice about other things we don't know the answer to. I also check in here most every day. But some times there are no new postes for a week at a time.
Okay, consider it done. I'll put it out there in the next couple of days...

owensge

Well, not to bust in and make trouble, but how does a guy post a new thread in this forum?!?!? I looked everywhere and can't find a "post now topic/thread" link anywhere?!?!?
On the main forum page, click on your area of interest (ie., General) and then click on the "New Thread" button at the top of the page. You must be logged in to add a new thread.

Mr Jimi

This is a test
Do ya mean like a on-going type of BS thread that we all can get in on?
Kinda like a never done chat thing?
I'd like something like that, and I am sure the rest would also
We / Lorraine (wife) and I met one of our members today ( Davemfl ) and talked Bobcat stuff
He has a real nice , low hour 773 F for sale with lots of attachments
Good people
Jim ( insert smiley face here )