I think that there are 2 kinds of Skidsteer owners....

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

...those that have rolled their machines over, and those that haven't yet.
Yup, I rolled mine again on Saturday. I was working with a post auger a little too close to a trench, and one side slipped in. No damage, other than the machine landed on a deck chair - RIP deck chair... The nice thing about a 4xx series machine is that you and a couple of buddies can flip it up right again, that is after detaching the auger drive. Once upright, I put the boom down, it started right up, and I drove it out of the trench.
Since this is not the first time I have done something stupid, no embarrassment was felt. Just glad no one was hurt, or the machine either, for that matter.
Anybody else done anything like this lately?
Cheers - SR

Tazza

Staff member
Poor deck chair :)
I have not rolled mine, but i feel it has been close. I was digging a trench for power to my shed a good 7+ years ago. The weather had been terrible and the clay i had been digging in was wet and super slippery. I had a backhow attachment on, going up the hill, all 4 wheels spinning and i managed to find the trench with 2 wheels. My mum that was watching was freaking out as i pulled myself out with a chain on the backhoe attachment. My dad was just watching without any concerns.

lesgawlik

Poor deck chair :)
I have not rolled mine, but i feel it has been close. I was digging a trench for power to my shed a good 7+ years ago. The weather had been terrible and the clay i had been digging in was wet and super slippery. I had a backhow attachment on, going up the hill, all 4 wheels spinning and i managed to find the trench with 2 wheels. My mum that was watching was freaking out as i pulled myself out with a chain on the backhoe attachment. My dad was just watching without any concerns.
I've rolled my Case 1816. It is very unstable. If you're not careful, you can roll it on completely level ground. I almost rolled it trying to get it loaded on a trailer. Both my sons were "helping". When it started to go, they both "helped" by whipping our their cell phones to get video of the Old Man doing stupid tricks.

farmshop

I've rolled my Case 1816. It is very unstable. If you're not careful, you can roll it on completely level ground. I almost rolled it trying to get it loaded on a trailer. Both my sons were "helping". When it started to go, they both "helped" by whipping our their cell phones to get video of the Old Man doing stupid tricks.
I had a 763 sitting completely on the back door and a 773 on the side at about a 45 degree angle just far enough so all four tires were off the ground.

Farmallh51

I had a 763 sitting completely on the back door and a 773 on the side at about a 45 degree angle just far enough so all four tires were off the ground.
Well SR I had a 440b and have dumped it backwards in a ditch and sideways into a foundation. The first time I had

jerry

Well SR I had a 440b and have dumped it backwards in a ditch and sideways into a foundation. The first time I had
And yet there are people driving some of the older ones around without seatbelts or rops cages. I had a fully loaded bucket of gravel drop off a 610 and make it a wild ride for a bit. The quick attach had disconnected.

mmsllc

And yet there are people driving some of the older ones around without seatbelts or rops cages. I had a fully loaded bucket of gravel drop off a 610 and make it a wild ride for a bit. The quick attach had disconnected.
I've yet to roll one over while operating. I have had one tilt back (just a few days ago) on the rear wheels until it rest on the rear door. The bucket had been detached & the lift arms were about 2/3 of the way up. I was rebuilding the right side hydraulic lift cylinder, when it rolled back on its own. It was some what slow to happen, but loud when it came to rest on its rear. I just jacked up the rear of the machine & put a jack-stand under the rear to hold it level until I was done.