I need a hydraulic fitting.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

KenJ

Flat fitting between lift valve and hose that runs to pump it has 2 O rings on it. No exact factory replacement available.

OP
OP
K

KenJ

Attachments

• IMG_5604.jpeg
    IMG_5604.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
K

KenJ

Okay that link doesn't go anywhere here's the page and the picture, maybe I finally got this fixture:

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 7.05.06 AM.png
IMG_5604.jpeg

solakian

Thanks for asking
The machine is a 753 the fitting is #18 here: https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser?path=/0000-Loaders/0000-753/0004-515830001 & Above, 516220001 & Above/0004-Hydraulic System/0005-Manual Lift Release System (S/N 515830001 - 515840211, 516220001 - 516223851)
I need the one on the left, the factory sends out the one on the right, I can't get it to seat even with a new hose, the leak is small but steady. I'll pay $50 + shipping handling for an original replacement.
Your photograph shows the oring on the JIC side of the fitting. The oring belongs on the STOR (straight thread o ring) side that threads into the pump.

ianmcolo

The o-ring at the tip of the fitting really does not matter. I have reinstall many hoses with out the smaller o-ring with no issue. For some reason Bobcat did this for a while, never knew why. Also JIC fitting never need an o-ring on the tapered side of the fitting unless you are using it as a substitute to a flat face fitting.

If it still leaks you may need to use the knew hose and the fitting on the right.

OP
OP
K

KenJ

The o-ring at the tip of the fitting really does not matter. I have reinstall many hoses with out the smaller o-ring with no issue. For some reason Bobcat did this for a while, never knew why. Also JIC fitting never need an o-ring on the tapered side of the fitting unless you are using it as a substitute to a flat face fitting.

If it still leaks you may need to use the knew hose and the fitting on the right.
Thanks everyone,
We used a new one of the ones on the right along with a new hose. I didn't think it would matter and our local suppliers didn't think so either. But we just can't get it to stop leaking. Is it possible to over tighten? I really don't want to introduce tape or dope into the situation unless there is no other way to stop the leak. Any other suggestions?
I will call those suppliers and see what they have.

ianmcolo

I have seen a few times a hair line crack where the fitting threads into. You might be able to take a picture with your phone and then blow it up to see. You pointed to the fitting that threads into the control valve, double check to make sure the leak is not coming from above.

Pipe dope or tape usually does not work due to the high pressure of the system, especially that particular line. That line has up to 2800 psi running through it.

OP
OP
K

KenJ

Thanks
We checked that closely and we can see it coming up from the fitting. But we'll check it again to make sure.

Tazza

Staff member
There is a device you can slip over the fitting to act as a sealing device if the fitting had minor damage to the face. I just can't remember the name if it for you to look for. It was thin metal covered in what looked like red loctite that you see on some bolts. It has small ribs that crush between the two faces to create a seal.

Another was would be to get a small Oring and cht a small groove in the fitting in a lathe, you won't need much of a groove to fit the standard Orings, they are really quite thin.

Tazza

Staff member
Of course, after i hit send, i find the seal.

1650793397511.png

I searched for JIC fitting seal

ajwgator

What Tazza has posted is spot on. What you are dealing with from the pictures you posted are different sealing surface angles. The old one's sealing surface is 37.5 degree (old military std) and the new one is 45 degree. The seal that Tazza is referring to will mate to differences between the two. When I was in AF we used ones made just out of copper and they worked fine on hydraulic systems running 3,000 psi.

OP
OP
K

KenJ

Hey thanks everyone
I'm ordering that seal now.
I really appreciate your help on this.

OP
OP
K

KenJ

We used the Flaretite seal. We discovered that we needed to securely press that seal on to the male side before install. Working great. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts