hydraulic oil in chain case in 75 XT

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

venti

What can cause the hydraulic oil to fill one (the left) chain case? The skidsteer has approx. 1500 hours on it and works fine. I had to add a gallon and a half of hydraulic oil recently and cannot find any leaks. I checked both chain cases ~ the left one had an excess of one & a half gallons of hydraulic oil.

Tazza

Staff member
I remember there was a drive motor issue on those that caused oil leaking. The seal on the drive motor was to blame, you may want to look at that to start.

OP
OP
V

venti

I remember there was a drive motor issue on those that caused oil leaking. The seal on the drive motor was to blame, you may want to look at that to start.
Thanks for your prompt response. I assume I would have to pull the motor in order to replace the seal. Do you know if there are any hydraulic brake lines that could be causing the issue? This problem just appeared after some work was done in the chain case (the brake support had to be re-attached). Thanks for your help!

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for your prompt response. I assume I would have to pull the motor in order to replace the seal. Do you know if there are any hydraulic brake lines that could be causing the issue? This problem just appeared after some work was done in the chain case (the brake support had to be re-attached). Thanks for your help!
I have never worked on one, it is possible the brake is leaking inside though.
Hopefully someone that has worked on one of these will have something to say.