Hydraulic Line on John Deere 250 Skid. Can't identify.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

macecase

I have a '00 (or '02?) John Deere 250 Skid. She is a good machine but is getting to that point where hoses are breaking, etc. I have replaced four or five over the past years.

I am having an issue losing hydraulic fluid. It loses a lot and I have to refill the tank again to move it. Looking inside, I can only guess that it is this hose. It is held onto these nipples (circled in red) with hose clamps. I'll try to post a picture of it later. In these photos, I drew a green arrow showing where the front of the machine is.

The funny thing is that I don't see this hose on the parts diagram (attached). It goes from a hydraulic pump to the front left wheel motor. It is different in that it doesn't have the typical fitting for a hydraulic hose. That makes me suspicious that it might have been rigged. But the date on the hose is consistent with the machine's age.

Does anybody know what this hose does? Any thoughts on replacement? I guess I can just take it into a hydraulic shop and get a similar type hose length and replace it. Then, refill and see where we are at. But, I thought I'd ask here because I'm curious.

Thank you in advance!

Farmer Bob

Attachments

• Skid2.jpg
    Skid2.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 145
  • Skid1.jpg
    Skid1.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 108
  • Skid3.PNG
    Skid3.PNG
    193.4 KB · Views: 147

foton

with a barbed fitting it has to be low pressure ,could that be a vent , if so there should be a hose strapped to a higher location to prevent it from puking oil. I do not think it is big enough to be a return. good luck