Hydraulic Leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jim_NH

Hi All, Glad to be a new member. I am working on an F series Bobcat 863 for a friend. It has been leaking hydraulic fluid pretty bad. The best info I can get is that with about 10 hours of use per week, it has gone through about 7 gallons of fluid in a month. To me, that is an excessive leak. As I begun trying to identify where the leak is coming from I discovered a serious diesel leak. I have addressed that (injector return lines), and am know moving on to locate the hydraulic leak. I have not yet been able to find it, and am hoping for some advice from those more knowledgeable than myself with Bobcats. Here is what I know so far: With the machine running and working, the leak is not apparent to be seen. It is dry around the outside of the wheels. It is fairly dry in the engine compartment from the rear. The fluid seems to build up in the bottom of the machine and come pouring out when the machine is at extreme angles. I have lifted the cab and monitored for leaks with the machine running, but have not identified where it is leaking yet. My next step I figure is to work the machine hard and re-inspect. The hydraulic tank does not appear to be leaking, or the hoses coming from it. Where might be a common leak source? Where should I focus my attention looking for leaks? As you can see, Bobcats are new for me to be working on. Though I do have quite a bit of experience working on / rebuilding tractors and other mechanicals. Thanks in Advance. Jim

StuZ

The pan under the Bobcat will hold/retain a couple quarts of fluid when on a flat surface. So first off you need to tip the loader back, with the tilt cylinders and dump all the oil. Take the 2 side plates off between each wheel and clean it out. Prabably a tube or fitting. Good Luck !!

OP
OP
J

Jim_NH

The pan under the Bobcat will hold/retain a couple quarts of fluid when on a flat surface. So first off you need to tip the loader back, with the tilt cylinders and dump all the oil. Take the 2 side plates off between each wheel and clean it out. Prabably a tube or fitting. Good Luck !!
Thanks for the reply Stu. I definately need to clean it up some so I can see what's going on. That'll be this weekends project. get it clean and locate the leak. Thanks again. By the way I do have the service manual for this machine.

Latest posts