Hydraulic cylinder fitting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

coreya3212

Hello all. I have a Bobcat 337 mini excavator. The thumb cylinder has a fitting that the hose broke off. So the hose end with a female JIC has a chunk of the fitting off the cylinder still threaded onto it. The fitting is a square looking thing with what look like a allen recessed plug to bleed it? The problem is, I cant see that it is a threaded fitting. Meaning I am not sure it is meant to come off with a wrench and be replaced with a new one. On some of the other cylinders I can see obvious threads but not on this cylinder. Is this a threaded fitting or is it welded on there? Any help is appreciated before I break this off by mistake. thank you.

Tazza

Staff member
Can you get a picture of it? i suspect it should have been welded on.

Fishfiles

that allen plug is a test port , the fitting was infusion welded to begin with , cut off flush to the cylinder and a new fitting welded on , note and mark the indexing of the fitting on to the casing before cutting off the old one , either be sure the piston inside the casing is as far away from the spot to be welded as possible or disassemble the cylinder which is the best thing to do as some grindings can get in there and scrath it up , you don't need the test port , so a regular taper pipe fitting will do just fine , grind the threads of the fitting off then cut to lenght , I find it best to TIG , MIG or stick weld in that order depending on what you got