Hydraulic Conectors on Snowblower

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Big Bern

I'm a new member and I appreciate all help with a frusterating reaccuring problem. I have a Bobcat T770 with a Bobcat Snowblower. Used it on Sat and took it off to use my forks. When I went to reinstall it I could not get the hoses connected. We shut the engine down, wiggled the joy sticks to releave pressure, burped the coupling to releave some fluid from the machine and still couldn't connect. Then two hours later tried again and I was able to do so. Is there a tool that would make this easier to accomplish this task. It shouldn't be this difficult to attach implements. Thanks for your help.

SkidRoe

On some older machines, if you turned the key counterclockwise, it would relieve the pressure on the Aux ports. Is your machine key ignition, or does it have a keypad?

Phil314

Sounds like your attachment is hold some pressure in it's lines. I have had the same problem with my grapple bucket a couple times.

On the M-Series machines (I've got an S650), what I do now is this. Before you disconnect the attachment, turn the Aux off or shut the machine down which is what I do. Then push in on the connections for 3-5 seconds before disconnecting them. This will relieve pressure in both the machine and the attachment. Then just disconnect both lines. Later just reattach as normal when needed.

There are also 2 kinds of flat faced couplers. The cheaper one, which come on most things. But they also make a 'connect under pressure' type. As they name says, you can connected them easily even if there is pressure. They are a little more money, but I've got them on my snowplow and never have a problem connecting it ever.

Cheerio

I have a 753 and with arthritic hands absolutely could not connect or disconnect the aux. hose for the snow plow. Irwin makes a trigger clamp that works wonderfully. My machine is supposed to relieve the pressure by turning the key to the left after shutdown, the problem is whenever I do that I blow a fuse so the clamp is a godsend.

foton

does your machine have the third fitting (case drain) if so you can push on the fittings on the machine, they will move back about 1/8 to 1/4 inch and relieve pressure that way, sometimes it takes me two hands and some leaning into it to get it to go.

dfb

I'm a new member and I appreciate all help with a frusterating reaccuring problem. I have a Bobcat T770 with a Bobcat Snowblower. Used it on Sat and took it off to use my forks. When I went to reinstall it I could not get the hoses connected. We shut the engine down, wiggled the joy sticks to releave pressure, burped the coupling to releave some fluid from the machine and still couldn't connect. Then two hours later tried again and I was able to do so. Is there a tool that would make this easier to accomplish this task. It shouldn't be this difficult to attach implements. Thanks for your help.

I have trouble at times hooking up the auxiliary hydraulics to my plow just from temperature differences, like if I bring it into a warm shop after sitting outside in the cold. Just cracking a hose a little on the plow is enough to relieve the pressure.

Latest posts