hydramac 10, no hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobg

all hydraulics quit on my might mac 10, can't turn drive or lift bucket, heard a slight grinding noise, then all hydraulics quit, motor revved up a little, I am assuming when the hydraulics quit, the load came off the engine. Is there a suction hose that could cause all to fail?, don't see any leaks, full of oil, filters were changed recently. I do believe this unit has a larger pump which runs 3 other ones, mounted to the transmission or something, anyway all help appreciated Bob

OldMachinist

How does the engine drive the pumps(belt or direct drive)? It sounds like which ever way it is it failed there.

Tazza

Staff member
How does the engine drive the pumps(belt or direct drive)? It sounds like which ever way it is it failed there.
It does sound like a break in the driveline from the engine to the pumps somewhere. It could be a shaft, belt or coupling. I'd check from the flywheel forward, see where it stops. Even if you get someone to rotate the engine by hand as you have the cab up looking to see what is moving and what is not.

tnt6060

It does sound like a break in the driveline from the engine to the pumps somewhere. It could be a shaft, belt or coupling. I'd check from the flywheel forward, see where it stops. Even if you get someone to rotate the engine by hand as you have the cab up looking to see what is moving and what is not.
I have a early 80,s 14-c it has a cast iron drive coupler that broke it connects the pump to the flywheel. the pumps are stacked two drive pumps & hydrolic pump on the end.the bad part was it messed up the splines on the pump. hope you have better luck.

dozer

I have a early 80,s 14-c it has a cast iron drive coupler that broke it connects the pump to the flywheel. the pumps are stacked two drive pumps & hydrolic pump on the end.the bad part was it messed up the splines on the pump. hope you have better luck.
I also had a Hydra-Mac. TNT is right. When I seen that I thought it was a funny sight but cast iron coupler. If your motor is free-wheeling that has to be the case. Good look finding one. I got my parts out of this company.
They specialized in Hydra-Mac and were very knowledgable.
http://www.hackertsales.com/parts.html
Good Luck,
Dozer

Latest posts