Hydra Mac 12c Series right side lock-up problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RNeether

Both tires on the right hand side lock up during cold weather (works fine in the summer). The left turns freely so it wants to spin in circles. Anyone else have problems like this and know what to do or know of anyone I can get in contact with that would know about this machine? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tazza

Staff member
Cold weather, are we talking below freezing? is it possible you have water in your chain case that is freezing causing it to lock up?

tnt6060

this is a all gear drive unit it could have water in the gear box and freeze the gears up.I dont know where you are located but there is a place in Iowa called Hackert sales. parts & service. web hackertsales.com

Stormin

I also have the same problem. I must get the shop up to at least 45° and finally I can break the right side loose. Oil is warm in the pump drive so it must be in the transmission. I thought perhaps I had a unique problem. Have you found a fix? Stay in touch with me Norm, [email protected]

Don Shilling

I don't want to sound condescending or put anybody down but the answer to your problem should be self evident. Drain the water out?

Stormin

I don't want to sound condescending or put anybody down but the answer to your problem should be self evident. Drain the water out?
Don, Right on. The rt. gearbox was quite full of water. This is a new rig for me so I expected a hydraulic or mechanical problem. Temperature finally came up above freezing and it worked so Idrained it flushed it and re-filled it. It hasn't been below freezing since but I'm sure we are fixed. Thanks, Stormin