HURRY UP CAT!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat_ron

C'mon Caterpillar, hurry up and get your butts in gear! I need to see a CTL with the same heavy duty undercarriage every one else uses! Reason I say this is my T190 is driving me nuts! I come home after a full day of pushing and pulling on those *censored* sticks and I completely bombed, I hear too much bad info on the Bobcat SJC setup to know enough to avoid them and suddenly CAT looks like a contender, but I don't want the VTS and the MTL set up, I would be in my local Finning dealership in a heart beat if I knew they were planning on making the "conventional" undercarriage as an option. The other thing that drives me f***ing insane is the fact that there is no bushing material around any pins on the loader and bucket, all my pin holes on the bucket tilt cylinders are egg shaped and my bucket has developed a bad case of "floppiness".

Tazza

Staff member
Do any SSL or CTL manufactures make their gear with replaceable bushings? other than like Bobcat and the Bobtach pivot point at the arms?
From the machines i have seen and worked on, none have bushings you can replace. Pins sure! but what sthe point replacing a pin when the hole it runs in is flogged out! It doesn't cost that much more to make the pivot points fully re-builable, i have done it myself on my 743!!! it took some time.

skidsteer.ca

Do any SSL or CTL manufactures make their gear with replaceable bushings? other than like Bobcat and the Bobtach pivot point at the arms?
From the machines i have seen and worked on, none have bushings you can replace. Pins sure! but what sthe point replacing a pin when the hole it runs in is flogged out! It doesn't cost that much more to make the pivot points fully re-builable, i have done it myself on my 743!!! it took some time.
When it being built it would take no more time to bore it to the size of the busing then the size of the pin. Sadly the buyers are not demanding the quality. For years knuckle boom wood loaders had replaceable brozne bushings and some even rolled on tapered roller bearings
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
When it being built it would take no more time to bore it to the size of the busing then the size of the pin. Sadly the buyers are not demanding the quality. For years knuckle boom wood loaders had replaceable brozne bushings and some even rolled on tapered roller bearings
Ken
Exactly, its a shame they don't do quality work any more...... It doesn't cost much or take much more time.

Fishfiles

You might test a takeuchi they have pilot controls, and what i here is great things. Just my 2 cents.
You stole my thunder , Sandhill , if you want a joy stick machine then the Takeuchi is a very fine machine , it was the first tracked loader out there as far as I know , time proven , very seldom breaks down , the Mustang track loader is the same exact machine bolt for bolt with a paint job and decals , and the Mustang can be had for less money , can't figure that one , you got that right about the joy stick Bobcat is something you really want to stay away from , repair and parts to repair when they break will kill you , not much you can do yourself on it , and they would not sell the software to anyone who is not a dealer , extremely too much wire and electrical components

OP
OP
B

bobcat_ron

You stole my thunder , Sandhill , if you want a joy stick machine then the Takeuchi is a very fine machine , it was the first tracked loader out there as far as I know , time proven , very seldom breaks down , the Mustang track loader is the same exact machine bolt for bolt with a paint job and decals , and the Mustang can be had for less money , can't figure that one , you got that right about the joy stick Bobcat is something you really want to stay away from , repair and parts to repair when they break will kill you , not much you can do yourself on it , and they would not sell the software to anyone who is not a dealer , extremely too much wire and electrical components
Before picking up my T190, I tried a Takeuchi TL126, it was a nice machine, and a darn good size (under 60 inches) but my biggest beef with all the manufacturers except Bobcat and CAT, is that I need to see the tracks from inside the cab, with the loader slightly up or even tight down low, that's why I have so much against Deere. I was taught and learned the hard way, it doesn't make a lick of difference how much visibility you have from the rear window to the back of the machine, you will need to see exactly where tracks have been when you are backing out of a situation where you have absolutely no room for errors, like wise when you are going through a gauntlet of walls that might have protruding items like re-bar and nails sticking out that could likely tear or rip the tracks when you least expect it to. The options I have considered now are going with a CAT with the VTS system, but I'd like to see an new C-series true CTL from CAT with a better and stronger anti-stall feature and the same 4 point suspension set up they currently use on the MTL's. I could show everyone (and some Deere reps) some pics of what abuse my tracks get, not on the outside of the track, but the inner riding surface, Deere claims that their set up, where the rear and front idlers ride on the rubber portion of the outer inside of the track is a smoother ride, but after 500 hours, my tracks have very little rubber left inside for even the rollers to ride smoothly on, all due to the extremely coarse 3"minus rock I use for our gravel driveways, that's where CAT's MTL would tear up the tracks in less than 500 hours and Deere's rubber would deteriorate in considerably less time.

skidsteer.ca

Before picking up my T190, I tried a Takeuchi TL126, it was a nice machine, and a darn good size (under 60 inches) but my biggest beef with all the manufacturers except Bobcat and CAT, is that I need to see the tracks from inside the cab, with the loader slightly up or even tight down low, that's why I have so much against Deere. I was taught and learned the hard way, it doesn't make a lick of difference how much visibility you have from the rear window to the back of the machine, you will need to see exactly where tracks have been when you are backing out of a situation where you have absolutely no room for errors, like wise when you are going through a gauntlet of walls that might have protruding items like re-bar and nails sticking out that could likely tear or rip the tracks when you least expect it to. The options I have considered now are going with a CAT with the VTS system, but I'd like to see an new C-series true CTL from CAT with a better and stronger anti-stall feature and the same 4 point suspension set up they currently use on the MTL's. I could show everyone (and some Deere reps) some pics of what abuse my tracks get, not on the outside of the track, but the inner riding surface, Deere claims that their set up, where the rear and front idlers ride on the rubber portion of the outer inside of the track is a smoother ride, but after 500 hours, my tracks have very little rubber left inside for even the rollers to ride smoothly on, all due to the extremely coarse 3"minus rock I use for our gravel driveways, that's where CAT's MTL would tear up the tracks in less than 500 hours and Deere's rubber would deteriorate in considerably less time.
Reversing cameras for motorhomes etc have gotten considerably more resonable and smaller in side. I wonder if they could be fit to allow vision in the blind spots.
I going to try them on the skidders next season as we sit in the middle of a machine with a 7' long hood. Often when cresting a hill we mount a boulder or stump that could not be seen. Wasted time backing off it a wear and tear as well as agrivation result. So I considering this as a option. Not as good as a clear line of sight, but if it reduces cost, why not
Ken

eddieboy

Bore the hole oversize to fit a drill guide. Used in machine shops. We use them in the drilling industry where any material has a tendency to egg. Works great.

CatTy

I know this is an old post but I'm surprised I haven't seen more on Cat's new CTL on here. I demo'ed one of the first - its AWESOME! It actually has a suspension that works!! Was able to drive one track over curbs & the other stayed planted -good traction - much better than anything else I've tried where the whole dang machine lifts straight up then slams you down. Plus the whole track system looks very simple to upkeep - looks like their dozer system really. If they made a small one I'd buy it today!

OP
OP
B

bobcat_ron

I know this is an old post but I'm surprised I haven't seen more on Cat's new CTL on here. I demo'ed one of the first - its AWESOME! It actually has a suspension that works!! Was able to drive one track over curbs & the other stayed planted -good traction - much better than anything else I've tried where the whole dang machine lifts straight up then slams you down. Plus the whole track system looks very simple to upkeep - looks like their dozer system really. If they made a small one I'd buy it today!
Same here, make a smaler one or someone is going to have to build a Deere CTL322 frame to fit the torsion axle mounts, it's an idea I am playing with.