How to pull Engine out on CAT 226B Skid Steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rusyn

I hope some one at this forum is experienced with CAT and can share a procedure or advise on how to remove Perkins 3024C Engine out of CAT 226B skid steer. I have a head gasket busted and decided to do a whole engine overhaul instead of just replacing a gasket. I did remove head already and disassemble everything from both sides but at the front seams like no access at all to disassemble fly wheel and hydraulic pump. Any help I'll be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

knogen

Raise cab, If it doesn't have AC you can reach most of the flywheel bolts from back..reaching over engine. After raising cab lay a creeper in-between joysticks and lay on creeper and use long extension to reach bottom bolts Remove rear bumper and pull engine pumps will rest on flywheel cover. When you go back in pull pumps up with ratchet strap. Under pumps. And then install engine

OP
OP
R

rusyn

Raise cab, If it doesn't have AC you can reach most of the flywheel bolts from back..reaching over engine. After raising cab lay a creeper in-between joysticks and lay on creeper and use long extension to reach bottom bolts Remove rear bumper and pull engine pumps will rest on flywheel cover. When you go back in pull pumps up with ratchet strap. Under pumps. And then install engine
Thanks a lot knogen. That what I thought by looking at some pics online and review how pump connected with a just two bolts on a back. I was about to rise the cab and disconnect a pump but your advise to leave it on a flywheel cover instead will save me lots of hoses to be disconnected and less oil mess. Apparently no info at all on the web about pulling off CAT engine. Much appreciated your respond and detailed hints.

Latest posts