How to move a Komatsu SK1020-5N when it won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jrosenlund

Hi, I need to unload a Komatsu SK1020-5N from a trailer. I was wondering if there's a hydraulic valve or bypass that allows the machine to be put in neutral. New to the forum, but hoping to find someone with Komatsu experience. I do have the service manual, can't seem to find anything in it that is of help. Thanks in advance!

Tazza

Staff member
This is general info, so use it how you can.
You can remove the drive motor hoses and disable the brake and it will roll. If it's tracked, it may have a hydraulic brake, so it's not as easy to unlock.
If possible, use brute force to get it to slide off, adding water to the bed of the truck to assist in slipping is a good idea.

OP
OP
J

jrosenlund

This is general info, so use it how you can.
You can remove the drive motor hoses and disable the brake and it will roll. If it's tracked, it may have a hydraulic brake, so it's not as easy to unlock.
If possible, use brute force to get it to slide off, adding water to the bed of the truck to assist in slipping is a good idea.
Thanks, Tazza. I used brute force, put some planks under the tires and pieces of steel rod (rollers) under the planks and pulled it off. Looking in the user's manual now (just downloaded it) and found where the proper way to get it to roll is: disconnect a "pipe" that supplies pressure to the travel motors, screw in a grease zert, and then pump grease until the brake releases. Thought I'd respond in case someone happens to search for this again. Jeff

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks, Tazza. I used brute force, put some planks under the tires and pieces of steel rod (rollers) under the planks and pulled it off. Looking in the user's manual now (just downloaded it) and found where the proper way to get it to roll is: disconnect a "pipe" that supplies pressure to the travel motors, screw in a grease zert, and then pump grease until the brake releases. Thought I'd respond in case someone happens to search for this again. Jeff
Glad you got it off.
I have heard other members using a porta-power to get the brake to disengage the brake too.
Let us know how you go with the repair too.