hi guys buck here, new member, new owner610, need help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

buckwill

hi, buck here, im new owner of 610 wi engine in bits and pieces, i guess a repower, the farmers on facebook marketplace seem to think mebbe rebuilder VF4Ds are worth gold, they want 500 to 1k$ for locked up engines,even on reasonabley priced engines that they say are good, they are suddenly too busy to load then dont reply to questions then they say oh its locked up so i took it to the dump even tho i offered asking price, made me suspicious, was i just outbid, makes me think so, what has happened to our morality?, anyway, where is the hydraulic pump located on our little 610s, i cant seem to find mine, the clutch is in parts. im looking at several twins, onan flathead opposed, briggs Vs, i just watched youtube a guy demo his conversion wi locked pulley horrid frake 420 CC engine, um 14 hp, he said it was reliable, started frst time, pull start, not me, too much arthritis, u guys have any suggestions, have fun, let us know, buck

6brnorma

I would need a serial number to verify that in fact you do have a M-610…. if it is…. the 610 came with the VH4D Wisconsin, not the VF4D. There are a number of internal differences for the bobcat VH4D from a baler, concrete saw, etc. VH4D. I would recommend going to the facebook group Melroe Bobcat Owners of America…. a ton of knowledge over there.

foton

I would need a serial number to verify that in fact you do have a M-610…. if it is…. the 610 came with the VH4D Wisconsin, not the VF4D. There are a number of internal differences for the bobcat VH4D from a baler, concrete saw, etc. VH4D. I would recommend going to the facebook group Melroe Bobcat Owners of America…. a ton of knowledge over there.
I have a 500 that has a Wisconsin tdj 18 hp inline 2 cylinder conversion from the stock kohler. the tdj was used because of the tapered roller bearing on the crank, although it has since been converted to a fixed speed chain drive. So side pressure is not a issue now. But those you might want to look at if the vari-speed trans is still good in yours. But it will be weak turning at being only 18 hp.