Hi from Sydney, Australia.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scottie

Gday everyone, I work in a family owned buisness called Skid Steer in sydney, We sell and repair Toyota brand skid steers, and repair clark (bobcat) brand skidsteers also.

Tazza

Staff member
Welcome to the site, i'm from Brisbane. You may be someone to harass for parts :)
I'm sure you will give us all good advise on our repairs.

OP
OP
S

scottie

Welcome to the site, i'm from Brisbane. You may be someone to harass for parts :)
I'm sure you will give us all good advise on our repairs.
Tazza ill try and help in anyway i can. Whether its advice and diagnosis, prices on attachments, or prices on new or used parts that we havee in stock. :)

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza ill try and help in anyway i can. Whether its advice and diagnosis, prices on attachments, or prices on new or used parts that we havee in stock. :)
Thanks, i'll keep that in mind :)
How do you feel that toyota machines hold up vs Bobcat or other models? Some love toyota, others hate them, the same can be said about bobcat though.

OP
OP
S

scottie

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind :)
How do you feel that toyota machines hold up vs Bobcat or other models? Some love toyota, others hate them, the same can be said about bobcat though.
Tazza they all have there pros and cons, The 4 series toyota is a very well made and thought out machine, very easy to do repairs and maintenance on, i just wish toyota didnt make so many changes when they brought out the 5 series. Toyota were the biggest seller in QLD and VIC and were second in NSW, SA and TAS behind bobcat before they brought out the 5 series, and 3rd best seller in WA behind bobcat and cat, mind you cat boosted there numbers by giving away skid steers to the mining companies when they bought a big dozer, excavator etc

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza they all have there pros and cons, The 4 series toyota is a very well made and thought out machine, very easy to do repairs and maintenance on, i just wish toyota didnt make so many changes when they brought out the 5 series. Toyota were the biggest seller in QLD and VIC and were second in NSW, SA and TAS behind bobcat before they brought out the 5 series, and 3rd best seller in WA behind bobcat and cat, mind you cat boosted there numbers by giving away skid steers to the mining companies when they bought a big dozer, excavator etc
Good to know. I didn't know they had tha much of the market, but its all competition.
In the past i have looked at Toyota, but stayed away because i had enough to do as it was and didn't know what they were like and especially parts availability.
I guess they can offord to give away a skid steer on a sale like that, it just shows how much proffit there is when selling large earth moving gear doesn't it? That and mining companies really don't haggle with the price.