help with 3pt adaptor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

porta mill

Hi new to the forum , not sure if I am in posting the correct place I have a bobcat 743 i am trying to adapt a 3pt landscape to a universal backing plate . I was wondering if anyone has been able to make one work efectivaly with out destroying the rake due to not being able to have the rake float like on as tractor . I am toying with the idea of trying to make the adaptor be spring loaded so the rake can float some what . or if any one has any other ideas or has made one . a rock hound is out of my bugget . any help would be apreciated pics are good also

triad

I am also looking in to doing that but not sure where to start. I was going to look into that quick attach or just make my own setup resembling a 3 point.of course it would have to be tilted back some while the backing plate was plumb. I would lower it and put it in float.....should work???? Steve Merry Christmas

sandhills-elect

Maybe you could make it work like some of the bush hog brush mowers out there. They have skids and float with pins and slotted brakets, maybe look at some and take their idea. Just a thought, good luck.

Butters

Maybe you could make it work like some of the bush hog brush mowers out there. They have skids and float with pins and slotted brakets, maybe look at some and take their idea. Just a thought, good luck.
I am not sure, but I thought the 743 would have the arm float option where you push the left petal until it clicks and allows the bucket to float for grading.

OP
OP
P

porta mill

I am not sure, but I thought the 743 would have the arm float option where you push the left petal until it clicks and allows the bucket to float for grading.
I tried to push the the left pedal all the way down did not hear it click . may be it does not work ? how do I know if my machine is equiped with this optsion?

triad

I tried to push the the left pedal all the way down did not hear it click . may be it does not work ? how do I know if my machine is equiped with this optsion?
You would have more than likely felt it with your foot when it engaged. I would call the nearest dealer and ask them to look it up if you don't have a manual. Steve

scar99

You would have more than likely felt it with your foot when it engaged. I would call the nearest dealer and ask them to look it up if you don't have a manual. Steve
Float was not an option. They all have it. If some one has resealed the valve and lost the detent balls. Or could not figure out how to get them in it would not work. It is also possible that they are rusted into the adapter they sit in if the have not been used for a while. Either way that spool would need to be removed and inspected to see.