Help New Guy with- New Holland L35 right drive not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

torqueabunch

I picked up an old New Holland L35 Skid. I had to fix the stuck engine. I used pb blaster to free up the engine. I did get it to run to find the right side drive is dead. All the other stuff functions. The gears under the cover are slipping on trying to move the right side. This machine tries to stall if you try to go forward or reverse on the right. I jacked up the right side off of the ground and it still stalls. I don't think the gears are stuck together. Anyone have ideas? PS the hydraulics are above level and have water in them.

lfutrell

I don't know the machine, but I would check the chain and sprockets, maybe something is stuck in there or maybe a chain is broke and wedged in the sprocket

OP
OP
T

torqueabunch

I just came in from the machine. I removed the outside cover between the wheels to find a dry bearing on the gear reduction drive spindle. I loosened the nut on the tapered bearing and oiled it. I raised the machine and fired it up. It runs that side fine now. I think a set of gears may be in my future along with bearing, and a tear down and lube. Thanks Dan

wade b.

I have a new holland l35 skid steer. owned it for several years. parts are hard to come by. hydraulic lifts good on cylinders. trying to steer right is hard. I have the engine at full throttle and still have to "skip" it with the joy sticks to get it to turn. weak drive motor pump? adjusted sticks according to manual. still a problem. is there a whole hydraulic motor drive system that you can replace all the cessna drive system? could you put in a later model system like with an l775 or a L779, would need to know what would fit and how much revamping it would require. Mechanically were pretty savy. could someone help. thanks wade

dancat825

I have a new holland l35 skid steer. owned it for several years. parts are hard to come by. hydraulic lifts good on cylinders. trying to steer right is hard. I have the engine at full throttle and still have to "skip" it with the joy sticks to get it to turn. weak drive motor pump? adjusted sticks according to manual. still a problem. is there a whole hydraulic motor drive system that you can replace all the cessna drive system? could you put in a later model system like with an l775 or a L779, would need to know what would fit and how much revamping it would require. Mechanically were pretty savy. could someone help. thanks wade
I had a similar issue on my 1982 Bobcat 825 and ended up replacing the Cessna hydraulic motor with a "good used" that was sourced for me by a company called ConEquip. Very helpful...give them a call.

wade b.

I had a similar issue on my 1982 Bobcat 825 and ended up replacing the Cessna hydraulic motor with a "good used" that was sourced for me by a company called ConEquip. Very helpful...give them a call.
Thanks for the lead! At least it gives me some hope. I also took a compression test in this Wisconsin. I only have 50-50-60-60# pressure on the cylinders. Supposed to have been rebuilt with 1100 hours on it when I got it but it's been gutless ever since I acquired it. Pulled the cover and the timing marks are right on. Don't know where to go from here. Wouldn't think the valve clearance would make that big of a difference especially since it's across the board on all cylinders. I believe 100# pressure is the ideal. Someone have a suggestion. Could the cam still be one cog off to make that difference. If so, how if the timing marks line up. Thanks Wade.

wade b.

I need someone to tell me if these timing marks are correct on this Wisconsin vg4d engine. The cam mark is at 12 o'clock and the crank mark is at 12 o'clock. Shouldn't the cam mark be at 6 o'clock and the crank at 12 o'clock? My shop manual is no very clear. If so I'm 180 degrees off. If I set it right I also need to change the distributor for it would be 180 off as well. I believe when they rebuilt it they put everything at 180 degrees off. Someone please help with clearing up these timing marks then I can figure the rest. Thanks