Help needed to troubleshoot Bobcat 7-pin connector functions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

eyyu

I bought a 2015 84 inch angle broom a week ago to do snow removal of my rental properties. Upon receiving it, I hooked it up to my 2008 S220. I was able to spin the broom but not change the angle when I push the left / right arrows on my right joy stick. I really have to even think about bring it in to the Bobcat unless I know that's not what I can trouble shoot and fix. Actually the skid just came back from them yesterday after $1200 repair work. How can I test if the S220 is sending out the proper signal to the connector. I'm pretty proficient on electronics if I know the pin out and how to test them. So far I can only tell that there is a 12V switched power to the top larger pin and a 12V unswitched power to the other larger pin. No meaningful measurement on the 4 smaller (CAN, signal) pins. Help greatly appreciated. Thx. Erwin

OP
OP
E

eyyu

just found out that 7 pin output is all digital, so screw Bobcat! I might want to throw away that black digital box on thr broom and replace it with two relays and a 14 pin connector. Re: Bobcat 7pin vs 14 pin? Posted: 12-11-2008 09:49 PM The 14 pin carries voltage for relays on the attachment, and the 7-pin carries digital signals for a controller on the attachment, so they're not compatible or adaptable. You need the Bobcat Approved(TM) High-Dollar "Dual Attachment Control Kit"........=(.

Tazza

Staff member
just found out that 7 pin output is all digital, so screw Bobcat! I might want to throw away that black digital box on thr broom and replace it with two relays and a 14 pin connector. Re: Bobcat 7pin vs 14 pin? Posted: 12-11-2008 09:49 PM The 14 pin carries voltage for relays on the attachment, and the 7-pin carries digital signals for a controller on the attachment, so they're not compatible or adaptable. You need the Bobcat Approved(TM) High-Dollar "Dual Attachment Control Kit"........=(.
The digital box of voodoo is quite expensive, others have changed them to simply use relays to get rid of the electronics.

OP
OP
E

eyyu

The digital box of voodoo is quite expensive, others have changed them to simply use relays to get rid of the electronics.
Yea. Even if I did figure out what's wrong with the 7 pin I might as well change it. Digital electronics make my skin crawl. Why would some bobcat engineer replace a Two relay circuit with a computer? Just totally blow my mind.

OP
OP
E

eyyu

Yea. Even if I did figure out what's wrong with the 7 pin I might as well change it. Digital electronics make my skin crawl. Why would some bobcat engineer replace a Two relay circuit with a computer? Just totally blow my mind.
Just did some tests. The connectivity of all wires on the 7 pin connector are all good. As to the 14 pin one, more bad news. Nothing at all on any of the 13 pins when I push the left/right, cylinder in / cylinder out buttons. That probably mean that something is not working in the bobcat. So I'm stock. Please point me to the right direction. Thx. Erwin

Tazza

Staff member
Just did some tests. The connectivity of all wires on the 7 pin connector are all good. As to the 14 pin one, more bad news. Nothing at all on any of the 13 pins when I push the left/right, cylinder in / cylinder out buttons. That probably mean that something is not working in the bobcat. So I'm stock. Please point me to the right direction. Thx. Erwin
There was a member that was trying t reverse engineer the 7 pin connector to make a cheaper conversio box, but he disappeared :(
I wonder if the harness is just disconnected? But it's possible the computer controls the switching to the 14 pin one.
Hopefully someone that knows it better than i do will have something to say. I have never used external connections, only aux hydraulics, nothing fancier than that.

OP
OP
E

eyyu

There was a member that was trying t reverse engineer the 7 pin connector to make a cheaper conversio box, but he disappeared :(
I wonder if the harness is just disconnected? But it's possible the computer controls the switching to the 14 pin one.
Hopefully someone that knows it better than i do will have something to say. I have never used external connections, only aux hydraulics, nothing fancier than that.
I agree. Seems something somewhere is either turned off or not working right. Checked The connectors on the black box magnetically mounted.

OP
OP
E

eyyu

I agree. Seems something somewhere is either turned off or not working right. Checked The connectors on the black box magnetically mounted.
went through the entire service manual and found out that no electrical diagrams or trouble shooting guide are included. So, question here: where can I get the electrical diagram of the machine? is it even available to the public?

Tazza

Staff member
went through the entire service manual and found out that no electrical diagrams or trouble shooting guide are included. So, question here: where can I get the electrical diagram of the machine? is it even available to the public?
The service manual has a wiring diagram, not sure it it gives much detail on the 7 pin connector or controller though.
If you look up my profile, send me an email with the serial number and model of your machine, see if i have anything laying around that may help out.

OP
OP
E

eyyu

The service manual has a wiring diagram, not sure it it gives much detail on the 7 pin connector or controller though.
If you look up my profile, send me an email with the serial number and model of your machine, see if i have anything laying around that may help out.
Thx. It's a 2008 S220 Serial number 530714916

Tazza

Staff member
Thx. It's a 2008 S220 Serial number 530714916
See what i can find for you, if you send me an email, i'll have an address to send it to.
Look up my profile to see my email address and send me an email.
I'm busy the next few days, but i'll try and get looking for you when i can.

Latest posts