Help identifying part

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TheArtemisRaven

I recently acquired a couple dozen pins of some sort from an acquaintance that I need help identifying. I myself am somewhat of a heavy equipment noob, some might say. They are hardened steel pins with a yellow top that juts off to the side with a hole in it. They are about two inches in diameter and almost exactly 6.25 inches long. Images are attached below. Any help identifying would be greatly appreciated.
036BAA01-C608-49BC-9ACA-981B01FB185B.jpeg
EC9F38B6-D86D-4DAD-8D5B-0B945F5728D9.jpeg

mrbb

they are basically a a pivot pin, for some machine, they can be off of about anything, there used mostly to connect and hold in place cylinders on equipment or attachments

but without a part # or knowing what they are for
it would be hard to say what exactly there for
there a common wear and tear replacement part
the below is just an example of them, they again come in many shapes and sizes and for all sorts of placements on machines, so only adding link to help you see what others look like, NOT claiming its what you have , prices on them can be from cheap to costly, pending what and where they go!

[h3][/h3]

OP
OP
T

TheArtemisRaven

they are basically a a pivot pin, for some machine, they can be off of about anything, there used mostly to connect and hold in place cylinders on equipment or attachments

but without a part # or knowing what they are for
it would be hard to say what exactly there for
there a common wear and tear replacement part
the below is just an example of them, they again come in many shapes and sizes and for all sorts of placements on machines, so only adding link to help you see what others look like, NOT claiming its what you have , prices on them can be from cheap to costly, pending what and where they go!

[h3][/h3]
If I was to sell them, would i just put something like "Skidsteer pivot pin", put the dimensions in the description, and list them for about $30 each?

mrbb

If I was to sell them, would i just put something like "Skidsteer pivot pin", put the dimensions in the description, and list them for about $30 each?
again, the one's I showed you is NOT what you have, so you cannot use that for a price point!
and I they are used on all sorts of equipment NOT just skid steers, they can be off hundreds of different types of machines!
next, yours are not in like new condition!,
so you have to consider that as well, there MAYBE< OLD stockl at best, and not in the best of shape
But you for sure can try and sell them,
but I highly doubt anyone will buy them not knowing what the machine there for or position on the machine, and since you have no details on what there for, price would have to be about FREE for anyone to want them, IMO
as they vary in price, when brand new, and the one's you have are NOT in LIKE new condition
so, you can sure ask what ever you want based on just providing a description and spec sizes, but I doubt anyone will be paying much for them!
NO bash here just being honest
when most folks need to replace a part, they NEED the exact right part, as exact spec's for fitted parts like these have to be exact, a few thousands off, one way or the other, and things will either NOT fit, or be already worn some and ot be a good replacement!
considering how much time might be involved in replacing a worn part, few will gamble on things!, unless again they are being basically Given away! and even then, many won;t want them!
if you were hoping to be making money selling these things, sorry to tell you, your most likely NOT going to!
you can try postinga add on this site or like sites, but I doubt again if many will buy, ocne you factor in shipping, the costs won't make it worth while for many! even if Free!
Not trying to discourage you here, but giving you real info on them!
another thought for you is if you have any equipment repair shops near by, you can try selling them to them in a bulk deal, just don;t expect too much of an offer! as again they won;t have a clue what exact model or where they go on "X" machine either,
unless you have some that have part numbers on that is!