Heater Installation 743B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RobPg1967

Hello - Ive searched for heater info and found that there wasnt alot of detailed help on installation. Im hoping to install my new dual fan heater soon .. and I need some advice on what hoses to cut into ... I also will want to install a shut off valve in the lines somewhere - ( for summer months ). If anyone has a kubota diesel and can offer any help with this Id appreciate it !!

Tazza

Staff member
You tap into the by-pass hose between the thermostat housing and the water pump. Look for a small hose, sort of like a L shape, this is where you need to hook in to. As for turning it on and off, you can't simply put a tap in line, as water MUST flow through this by-pass section, otherwise water will be stationary inside the head and engine untill it reaches temperature. This will cause major damage if the water is not moving around to reach equal temperature then open the thermostat. If you don't turn the fan on, you will get minimal generation from it during summer.
It never gets cold enough over here to need a cab heater, i would love AC though.
I'm sure there are other users that have cab heaters that can guide you through what you need to do.