Head for a V2003T Kubota

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Looking for a good used cylinder head for a V2003T engine, I am familiar with the aftermarket heads available that are cast in India, has anyone tried one and if so how are they? Would love to find a good used one though. [email protected]

Tazza

Staff member
Finding good condition used isn't the easiest task. The aftermarket ones as far as I'm aware are just as good. The scary thing is, Indian steel is pretty good....

OP
OP
O
Finding good condition used isn't the easiest task. The aftermarket ones as far as I'm aware are just as good. The scary thing is, Indian steel is pretty good....
Guess I will order one up. I should'nt complain I got the machine for $1800.00 with new tires and 1600 hours on it.

Tazza

Staff member
The machine is a 773G turbo. I am not too keen on all the electronics. I have only owned a 741 two banger Deutz.
Thats a great price, i have to agree on the electronics though. My 753G has a mass of it too, but i do like the features it has....
Ensure your piston heights are rite when you have the head off. If the head cracked you need to be sure it didn't bend a con rod.

OP
OP
O
Thats a great price, i have to agree on the electronics though. My 753G has a mass of it too, but i do like the features it has....
Ensure your piston heights are rite when you have the head off. If the head cracked you need to be sure it didn't bend a con rod.
Thanks for the info I will double check the crack is very small from the combustion cup over to the water jacket.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the info I will double check the crack is very small from the combustion cup over to the water jacket.
Very small can still let enough water in I'm afraid. Remember your cooling system is under about 15PSI of pressure. Run the machine up to temperature then shut down. The cooling system is still under pressure and can pass through the crack into the combustion chamber, you spin it over then POW. Worst case is broken piston and rod through the block. Best case is bent rod or just hydraulic lock and no damage.
Best to check before you throw a new head and gasket at it :)
Hope it just needs a head and timing cover. For such a low hour machine it sounds really good.

OP
OP
O
Very small can still let enough water in I'm afraid. Remember your cooling system is under about 15PSI of pressure. Run the machine up to temperature then shut down. The cooling system is still under pressure and can pass through the crack into the combustion chamber, you spin it over then POW. Worst case is broken piston and rod through the block. Best case is bent rod or just hydraulic lock and no damage.
Best to check before you throw a new head and gasket at it :)
Hope it just needs a head and timing cover. For such a low hour machine it sounds really good.
I have the engine out and head off, I wanted to inspect the bearings due to the water in the oil. The bearings would be hard to tell from new, they have zero wear on them. I will measure the piston to deck clearance just to make sure. What I think actually happened was the coolant loss was occuring and the operator added straight water and diluted the antifreeze mixture to the point of straight water. and the front cover froze and broke along with 2 freeze plugs popping out of the head into the valve cover and walla! Instant milkshake in the oil pan. From what I understand it was not run after this happened and I feel this is the truth due to the bearing condition.

Tazza

Staff member
I have the engine out and head off, I wanted to inspect the bearings due to the water in the oil. The bearings would be hard to tell from new, they have zero wear on them. I will measure the piston to deck clearance just to make sure. What I think actually happened was the coolant loss was occuring and the operator added straight water and diluted the antifreeze mixture to the point of straight water. and the front cover froze and broke along with 2 freeze plugs popping out of the head into the valve cover and walla! Instant milkshake in the oil pan. From what I understand it was not run after this happened and I feel this is the truth due to the bearing condition.
That sounds about rite for some operators... I had an engine that had multiple cracks and the head was really badly pitted due to water detonation. It was run for some time with the cracks it seems.
I hope the repair goes well! sounds like you know what you are doing.

Tazza

Staff member
That sounds about rite for some operators... I had an engine that had multiple cracks and the head was really badly pitted due to water detonation. It was run for some time with the cracks it seems.
I hope the repair goes well! sounds like you know what you are doing.
As you have the engine out, can you give me the number off the voltage regulator on the alternator at all? I'm starting on a machine that was burnt and the voltage reg is a little melted so i have no idea what number it is.

OP
OP
O
As you have the engine out, can you give me the number off the voltage regulator on the alternator at all? I'm starting on a machine that was burnt and the voltage reg is a little melted so i have no idea what number it is.
I looked at the alternator and there are no numbers directly on the VR on the alternator itself there is a sticker that reads " Melroe Company, Output 12V 55A Grnd. Neg. , Vendor part number A000B043I, SAE J1171 Made by Mando Korea" I hope this helps you the VR is blck plastic on the back of the ALT. with no numbers at all on it. Denny

Tazza

Staff member
I looked at the alternator and there are no numbers directly on the VR on the alternator itself there is a sticker that reads " Melroe Company, Output 12V 55A Grnd. Neg. , Vendor part number A000B043I, SAE J1171 Made by Mando Korea" I hope this helps you the VR is blck plastic on the back of the ALT. with no numbers at all on it. Denny
Thank you, hopefully they will help me work out what i need :)

Latest posts