Harbor Freight Jackstand Recall

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

flyerdan

This has been making the rounds on various forums and facebook groups,

Harbor Freight Jackstand Recall

According to Harbor Freight, the recall applies to three-ton and six-ton heavy-duty steel jack stands with item numbers 56371, 61196, and 61197. The number on the three-ton units can be found on the label at the top while the six-ton stands have their numbers printed in the yellow section of the label found on the base. Based on the NHTSA filing, the recall applies to a total of 454,000 jack stands made between 2013 and 2019 and the issue is apparently blamed on old tooling used by the factory. Naturally, affected stands that have yet to be sold have already been removed from Harbor Freight's inventory.

Since jack stands are a pretty common staple in every self respecting shop, it's worth a look to see if you have a set. Mine were made several years prior to the dates, having everything HF on a spreadsheet helps with dates and sku numbers.

Tazza

Staff member
I saw some memes for them on facebook too, i sure hope they found the issues before one actually failed on someone!

foton

I saw some memes for them on facebook too, i sure hope they found the issues before one actually failed on someone!
thanks for the heads up on this I have 2 sets of 6 tons but I guess they are older than the ones recalled.