Greetings from Maine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

2COR517

I just purchased a mid 70's John Deere 170 skid steer. I found this site doing some searches to learn as much as possible about the machine. It seems like there is some good info here, and very knowledgeable members. The machine has been repowered with an Isuzu 4 cyl diesel from a JD 24a construction series skidsteer. My primary use will be loading sand into my pickup sander this winter, and some general work around the yard. I need to do a lot of work to get the machine into shape so it is easy to use and reliable. I have completely rewired the machine, I will post pics of my gauge and switch panel when complete. New fuel filter and lines are done. Bleeding the system was interesting! New water pump and cooling system flush. Oil and filter next, then hydraulic filter. I would like to fabricate a reasonable cab enclosure with heat. Look forward to participating on the site! Palmer

Bailey54

Any updates on your machine 2COR517 ? Just bought a JD 24A and learning more about it myself. Any info from someone else that owns ones is useful. Thanks